"Tweak" Pen Calibration in Vista?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Nominal, Jan 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nominal

Nominal Engineering Student

I am very picky when it comes to the "feel" of my writing. If the pressure or calibration is at all off from how I like it, I go crazy.

I am wondering if it is possible to fine tune the pen calibration without using the windows tool where you pick 4 points around the screen. I never feel like I can get the precision I want, and usually one of the screen edges if "off" from how I want it. Ideally I would be able to nudge the cursor into place at each corner, rather then just blindly tapping at the crosshairs.

The only place I've been able to find mention of this idea is this post on gottabemobile.com, but there it was for XP.

Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. timothyb

timothyb Pen Pal - Newbie

I want to know too. It's hard to believe that a tablet screen is limited to 4 points when there's accuracy issues that change all around the screen, which can be a pain for small screens that tablets are all about. Was it an after thought? I had hopes for Windows 7, near installing, but people report that the 16 point calibration that was there suddenly returns to a 4 point.

Also, as a tip, which I'm sure you tried, you can help correct some issues by purposely missing the 4 points to help offset the really bad areas.

Oh, and the calibration seems to have unique for each screen rotation, which also has different behavior.

When I calibrated each rotation I had the screen up away from the base for less interference. Then I first did the 4 point clicks dead on, selected ok, then judged where I needed to offset the calibration for best accuracy, then calibrate once more. It seemed to help.

I'm on a HP tx2500z.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.