TV tuner for TX 2000

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by inlays85, Mar 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inlays85

inlays85 Pen Pal - Newbie

I also decided to get HP usb tv tuner for my new TX 2000. But the quality of of is pretty bad. Im missing my other pavillion notebook it the tv was crystal clear on it. I had a tv tuner card on that one (HP anolog tv tuner express slot 54).

Whats causing the crappy video?

Is it because of the USB interface? Would a PCI slot 34 card give me much better reception? Who makes a good one? OR is this somthing a future software update can cure?

Thoughts ideas?

2. Rudegar

Rudegar Scribbler - Standard Member

dont know the tvtuners you speak of myself
    my tx1270 came with the PCI slot 34Tuner card but
    it's DVB-T not analog and with DVB-T it being digital
    poor reception dont result in bad image quality but in
    less fps

usb2 should be fast enough for tvtuneing but usb1.1 dont have enough bandwidth so it compress the images which result in pretty poor quality

a better antenna would likely be the cure for poor reception for both dvb-t and old analog tuners

3. ScotchtapeLoser

ScotchtapeLoser Scribbler - Standard Member

I just started using a Pinnacle PCTV HD Pro USB that I got off of woot last week.
    Using the included antenna, I get excellant playback and recording of HD TV using WMC. I just used the WDF drivers instead of the cd.

I wanted an express card tuner but couldnt find one.

4. inlays85

You said you got a PCI slot 34 tuner card. Who makes it? HP? I never seen them with a slot 34 card. I had a slot 54 card from hp on my last laptop and it was great. This is the USB tuner I got from HP.

http://www.amazon.com/GP574AA-ABA-HP-USB-Tuner/dp/B000ZYY1TC

Can you show me a picture of the card you have?

5. Speed

Speed Programmer + Tablet Lover

I have a HP ExpressCard DVB-T TV Tuner for my TX1000 series. Its great! Very clear quality.

Model: EC300 DVB-T TV Tuner
    Product No. 412110-001
    Spare No. 412175-001
    Manufactured by Yuan High-Tech Development Co. Ltd.

Hope this helps!

6. inlays85

Where did you get that tuner!!! Thats the type I want! Its not even listed on HP's website for sale. Although I did notice that the only driver availible for it is for XP. Did you install xp on you TX 1000?

If your still running vista let me know where you got one of those!

7. Speed

Speed Programmer + Tablet Lover

nah, I'm running Vista 32 Home Prem.

I ordered it from HP at the same time as I ordered my TX series. They even throw in a mega-huge remote and USB receiver, great if you have a dock, but if you don't, it uses standard drivers, so stick it in your desktop and it works wonders.

I can only suggest ringing HP and saying you want to order Spare No. 412175-001 and getting it that way.

8. Rudegar

Rudegar Scribbler - Standard Member

it's been up before that hp seem to be shipping those pcExpress... cards in europe and usb ones in usa or something

9. inlays85

Im guessing the usb tuner doesnt get you as good picture quality as the PCI express slot. Although I havent done a side by side comparison to check that out, all I do know is that on my old HP had an express card tuner and the picture was great!

I'll call hp and give it a try.

Anybody having problems acessing videos from there external hardrives to watch in media center? My computer seems to slow down. Especially when I try to seek forward in the videos. Not to mention when it starts creating thumnails.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.