Trusted Platform Module Message [A configuration change...]

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Nzyme, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Nzyme

Nzyme Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi there, I have a Dell Venue 8 Pro that initially had Win 8.1 and have upgraded that to Win 10. I got some problem and decided to do a reset. However, got the below message:

A configuration change was requested to clear this computer's TPM (Trusted Platform Module)

WARNING: Clearing erases information stored on the TPM. You will lose all created keys and access to data encrypted by these keys.

Press F12 or Volume Up to clear the TPM Press ESC or Volume Down to reject the change request and continue

My specific question is that If I proceed with F12, will I be able to roll back to Win 8.1 in the future or will it erase something in the ROM?

Thanks

2. Nzyme

Nzyme Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone guys?

3. jjsa1985

jjsa1985 Scribbler - Standard Member

I had the same message show up when I tried a reset in an Asus VivoTab note 8. I was trying to hook up a USB keyboard but something got pressed and I don't know what selection was made. So I can't really help you, but my guess is it doesn't affect your ability to roll back to a previous version. Sorry this post is of no help, but I just saw that no one was helping out so I thought I would share my thoughts and hopefully keep the conversation alive.

4. Nzyme

Nzyme Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok, thank you :)