Trouble with "Flipping" Landscape Mode

Discussion in 'HP Elitebooks' started by solsavr, Sep 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solsavr

solsavr Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Guys, as the title says, I just tried (in vain) to flip the landscape orientation, while in tablet mode, it will not stick (control panel, appearance, display, change display settings)...I have done this in the past, but now it won't hold. (It will allow the change when in PC mode...but that makes no sense as the display is upside down!)

I use a USB mic to record lectures while I ink in landscape mode, using OneNote. I want the mic to be plugged into the side without the fan ports; to eliminate the noise.

Can someone try it to see if it works for you please?

2. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

Solsavr,

This seems to simple to provide your answer, but I find the screen orientation button on the bottom of the screen (is on the side when in tablet mode) moves the screen orientation 1/4 turn for each press, and stays in whatever mode you leave it in. Hope this was just an oversight on your part and this does the trick.

3. Incitatus

Incitatus Scribbler - Standard Member

If you are using a 2730p, it is designed (for some horrible reason) to keep only Primary Portrait or Primary Landscape when on battery power with the wifi card on.

I don't know why, and to my knowledge there is no fix for it.

4. runningcode

runningcode Pen Pal - Newbie

its a dumb reason, but its to comply with FCC SAR. if you flip it another way, the wifi card will be "too close" to you

5. Incitatus

Incitatus Scribbler - Standard Member

... so the 2 inches that they moved the wifi card in the 2740p vs the 2730p is an acceptable distance?

I hate the FCC so much...

6. pmatulew

pmatulew Scribbler - Standard Member

7. lovelaptops

I am pretty sure he has a 2740.

8. pmatulew

pmatulew Scribbler - Standard Member

Does that mean that HP came to their senses and unlocked the 2740's?

'Cause the 2710's are configured to the same nonsense FCC rules.

9. solsavr

solsavr Pen Pal - Newbie

Yah...great suggestion, but I have tried that too;) it works, erratically for me. When it works (either through button or control panel)it works fine...it is just not consistent...minor issue, only when I record, but still a pain in the A#$:eek:

10. lovelaptops

Hmm...do you find that the screen orientation controls are always unresponsive when the USB mic is plugged in. Without knowing why, if this is so, I might suggest trying a mic that plugs into the mini jack (shares headphone jack) and see if you can then control the screen orientation without difficulty. I don't really understand the reason for this, but I have heard screen orientation complaints from owners of HP, Lenovo and Fujitsu convertibles, so it must go pretty deep into the hardware structure and clever workarounds sound like the best strategy. Good luck, and report in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.