Trouble Deciding TM2 vs. Fujitsu 730

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by sudermatt, Nov 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sudermatt

sudermatt Scribbler - Standard Member

What it really comes down to is....do I want to pay an $700 premium for a modular battery bay and a screen that can be viewed outdoors and in all angles.

The good Lord has brought some extra money into my life so I can afford either. I've had a TM2 for a short time earlier this year (sent it back). I remember a bit of frustration with viewing angles.

I guess my question to the TM2 crowd is.....those that have had the unit for a while now.......
    how often are you frustrated by the screen?
    How often do you find yourself changing the way you use the device because of the screen?
    Would you pay the extra money to be able to use the device outdoors and at any viewing angle?

Is it worth $800 for a better screen? Would it increase the usefulness of the device significantly?

Thanks,
    Matt

2. Seketh

Seketh Moderator Moderator

No. But I don't have to use my Tm2 outside. I guess it's up to you to decide if an outdoor screen is really that important. Maybe other users can say how the Tm2 performs outside. I never had any problems with viewing angles, but that's just me.

Think of it this way: Buy a Tm2 now, and save those $800 for the next HP (or other) tablet that will show up next year.

3. darthhen

darthhen Scribbler - Standard Member

I personally wouldn't pay for it. $800 is a lot for a better screen. But then again, you should buy something that you like.

I have to agree the screen on TM2 isn't the greatest. But I guess I learned to live with it.

4. Agent 9

Agent 9 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Good question. I would have gladly paid a $100-200 premium for a better screen, but I'd never pay $800 for a better screen and lose a lot of the Tm2's features (good keyboard, trackpad, AMAZING ATI option, build quality, and more). With an extra $800 you could buy another Tm2 for one of your friends, or save it for the future :p

I would say buy a Tm2 as you shouldn't have much trouble with the screen. When you get a device you'll learn the best ways to use it, and you'll use it like that from then on. The Tm2 is really a fine product, and is well made.

5. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

I'd pay an extra $100 for a better screen, but not $800. For that money you can get 2 TM2s. On the other hand, one of the worst things in the world is "Buyer's Remorse". :)

6. Agent 9

Agent 9 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Well the beauty of buying it from HP is you get a 21 day return period (extendable to 30 days if you talk to them). During that time you can return it for a full refund of money, for any reason.

7. triggrhaapi

triggrhaapi Scribbler - Standard Member

Honestly, so far I love my TM2. The learning curve was steep in terms of getting it all working right, but I am a habitual PC tech so it was a breeze.

Not for the light of brain though.

8. Krelian

Krelian All about the T5010/T900

If you really want the T730 and are willing to buy refurbished directly from Fujitsu via eBay you can likely land one for only $100-$300 more than the TM2t...

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  9. shyam111

shyam111 Pen Pal - Newbie

I have owned a tm2 and now have a 2740p. having experienced both these models, i can say that the inking experience is far superior on the 2740p and the increase in screen angles makes the experience FAR more enjoyable. I'm assuming that the quality of the t730 and the 2740p screens is similar and I would say that if you could get the better screen, go for it! After all, the main reason for getting a tablet is the ability to write on the screen.

Whether or not the increased screen quality warrants an increased price tag of $800 is another matter. Personally, I wouldn't spend that much more but it certainly is a nice addition to have

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.