Transformer T100 Review (Bay Trail)

Discussion in 'Asus' started by jhoff80, Oct 18, 2013.

1. will567

will567 Scribbler - Standard Member

2. Kendeed

Kendeed Pen Pal - Newbie

3. Moyado

Moyado Pen Pal - Newbie

in terms of graphics performance ... what tablet is better? hp omni 10 or asus transformer t100 ? I dont care about the screen resolution , I know that hp omni 10 has a larger resolution but I prefer more speed than more pixels on the screen . both use the same processor and ram but is the same graphics chip ?

4. gandalas

gandalas Pen Pal - Newbie

Had mine for a month now, and still loving it.

I see that it is down to 379.99 on Amazon now - is that regular price on there now?

5. josetheman37

josetheman37 Pen Pal - Newbie

They had the 64GB for $349 at the MS student store, but they sold out! I was going to buy it about a week ago for that price, but I hesitated and now I'm waiting to see if they restock it again or just wait for black Friday to see if I can get it cheap somewhere else! grrr.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  6. josetheman37

I'm sorry for adding this, and I hope you guys don't get mad, but what do you guys think about getting the Yoga 11 RT tablet instead of the T100? I know that the Yoga 11 is only RT and it has a slower tegra 3 processor, but it's on sale for $299+tax and free shipping. Would it be a better fit for my 6yr old daughter? or should I just dismiss it? It does come with MS student RT version too, and it has a brighter screen at 350 nits, which is IPS and doesn't look bad at all. Thanks!

7. rushmore69

rushmore69 Scribbler - Standard Member

Build on the Yoga is better, but a lot less function (no x86) and MUCH slower device. Also has less battery life than the T100. The extra $80 is worth it for the T100.

8. Lord Augastus

Lord Augastus Pen Pal - Newbie

I wonder why Asus dropped the 11inch version of atom tablets. Vivotab aka tf 810 c is perfect size, I find that extra inch to be worthwhile if you use a stylus or use pdf reader allot. keyboard dock is also bigger, adds usefulness when actually working in office programs. Wonder if atom post baytrail will have enough power to justify more than 2gb or ram.

9. nick_white

nick_white Pen Pal - Newbie

Is the screen smudge (or fingerprint) resistant? I have a low-end Asus Android tablet and the screen gets covered with smudges in a couple of minutes, ruining the image clarity. On the opposite side, my iPad, Elitepad and Galaxy S4 screens pretty much never need cleaning.

10. Nthknd

Nthknd Pen Pal - Newbie

Got this tablet on sale at Microsoft for 299.00 plus tax. 324.00 total. Good deal ...every place else was 375 to 400.

Sent from my C6802 using Tapatalk

11. will567

will567 Scribbler - Standard Member

After a couple weeks, it seems the T100 has grown on my son. At first he didn't think it would be too useful. After a few days, he loaded some programs like Eclipse for his programming class, and some math program I don't recall the name of, for Calculus. He uses it to do webassignments on, and along with Netflix and a few Steam games like Portal 2, he now likes it a lot for what it can do, it's small size, and the long battery life. So it looks like a keeper.

josetheman37 likes this.
  12. TheFreeMan

TheFreeMan Pen Pal - Newbie

Are there any pressure sensitive pens that are ( or maybe will be) compatible with this? (Wacom maybe?)

13. josetheman37

Yeah, I missed out on that price! Now it's sold out everywhere for that $299 price tag! I hesitated and now will probably have to pay the extra price for it now. I hate it when I do that.

14. josetheman37

Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
  15. brightray

brightray Pen Pal - Newbie

That does look tempting - $420 seems like a good price. I'm in the same boat as you - I want to buy one for my parents but I need something for Christmas.

16. josetheman37

And I need something for $299! But it seems less and less likely. :(

17. TheFreeMan

TheFreeMan Pen Pal - Newbie

are there pressure sensitive pens out there for the T100? can't it be used over Bluetooth for pressure input? (read from the pen)

18. loveleeyoungae

loveleeyoungae Pen Pal - Newbie

This kind of device is what I've been expected, could do productivity work (not just like the useless iPad) and cheap. Just bought one for my wife, she's quite happy with it. I'll get a more powerful Dell Venue 11 later.

19. jnrg

jnrg Pen Pal - Newbie

When I connect my T100 to an external Monitor then wifi becomes extremely slow, 1 - 2 mb/sec and much of the time I get the unable to connect msg in the browser.

Windows shows that I am connected to my wireless lan.

It only happens if the cable is connected to the monitor. Connecting the cable to the T100 without a monitor does not affect the wifi speed.

It only happens if the t100 is set to display something on the external monitor. If I set it to internal only then even with the external monitor connected, then the WiFi is fine.

Monitor is Dell U2410. I am using a minihdmi to hdmi adpapter and a three foot hdmi cable.

I have tried completely installing all WIndows and ASUS updates. That did not make any difference.

I also tried rolling back to a system restore before I updated all the windows drivers but that did not help.

I tried a different WiFi access point in my home but that did not help. Windows shows plenty of signal strength for the WiFi network connection, but I just get a bad data rate.

Without an external screen connected then the WiFi connection is good. It is much more reliable than for my Old Asus Transformer Infinity TF700 tablet.

When my TF700 tablet is connected to the same monitor with the same cable then it works fine and wifi speeds for it are fine.

If I connect a Unitek wired ethernet converter to my USB port and use that for networking then the data rate is ok, so the problem is definitely related to WiFi. I am wondering if anyone else sees the same behavior or if it is just my device.

Can someone else test their network speeds with an external monitor?

Any ideas how to fix?