Transfering DVDs to an iPad

Discussion in 'Apple/iOS' started by CLeonard, Jun 1, 2012.

1. CLeonard

CLeonard Tablet PC Review Site Admin Super Moderator

Hey Folks,

My Mom has been admitted to a hospital for an extended stay. I picked up an iPad for her to alleviate the boredom. So here's the question. Is there a way to transfer DVDs to the device? Movies we own, college lecture courses, etc. I've heard that you can convert the files into MP4 files and transmit them. Is this the way to go forward or is there another way?

Thanks!

2. cmenice

cmenice Scribbler - Standard Member

If you own a Mac you can use a program called Handbrake. That's what I use. Works fine.

3. CLeonard

CLeonard Tablet PC Review Site Admin Super Moderator

Handbrake looks like it will work. I don't own a mac, but my brother does. I'll give this a try and report back. Thanks for the suggestion!

4. ethansamuel17

ethansamuel17 Pen Pal - Newbie

I search some software and iPad apps for DVD-to-iPad conversions; DVD converter is an app which is available in app store or goes to convertdvdtoipad.com where you can find free software for both windows and Mac versions.

5. jemyclarke

jemyclarke Pen Pal - Newbie

MacX iPad DVD Ripper is a powerful all-in-one DVD to iPad 2 ripping software that makes it easy for you to rip DVDs and transfer DVD movie files. It can help you transfer DVD movie to iPad even new iPad 2 videos.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013