Trade SP3 for a Samsung Note 5?

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by snoxu, Apr 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snoxu

snoxu Pen Pal - Newbie

I need some quick opinions on wether I should trade a SP3 for a Samsung Note 5.

I currently do a two device solution: SP3 and an Android phone (Zuk Z2).

I've become very phone dependent as of late. And I love the 5" form factor. I deslike big fones and would only make an exception for the Note.

I find that lately I hardly pick up the Surface except when I want to take notes with a pen. And Im starting to find it cumbersome to lug around a 12" device.

I never owned a Note phone but have allways been intrigued about going the one device route, but in the back of my mind I feel this trade is a bit of a downgrade and I'm slightly hesitant about it

Please chime in, thanks

2. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Doubt how much inking you'd be able to accomplish on a 5.5" device.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

3. snoxu

snoxu Pen Pal - Newbie

It's that limiting?

4. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

it depends are you just jotting down reminders or are you taking notes in class? What is your usage scenario?

5. Io-T

Io-T Pen Pal - Newbie

It depends on what kind of notes you take really. I started using a Note 2/3 (can't remember which) for class notes instead of a tablet through several art history classes and academics and it suited me just fine. When you're crammed in close quarters being able to whip out a phone instead of a tablet or laptop is really handy. If you need to draw out complex diagrams it can get a bit iffy with having to scroll around the page but I didn't feel *too* hindered using the note vs a 11" tablet.

6. snoxu

snoxu Pen Pal - Newbie

I mostly took class notes on the Surface for a solar panel course. I still take notes on it for other courses but much less regularly. As of late I hardly use it outside of the note taking context.

Im trying to go more minimal and mobile, but wondering if I'll regret going the Note route.

I'm thinking I'm getting to the point where I hardly need a full computer/Windows tablet for day-to-day use.

7. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

If you aren't in a hurry, perhaps wait and see what the Galaxy Note 8 will look like? The infinity screen on the newly released Galaxy S8 and S8+ looks very promising for a note taking device. If you are in a hurry the Samsung Tab S3 or Tab S 10.1 will give you a big canvas and a lighter device than the SP3. If you require phone capability or G4 connectivity look for an Asian SKU. You'll find those easiest through Alibaba.

Digital artist found dead in home. Details sketchy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.