TPT2: Music stop @ screen off :-\

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by funk223, Mar 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. funk223

funk223 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey Guys,

I think you guys have already found this problem. I try to config it with power options, but it seems Sleep mode is related to Screen-off. So, is there any method we can keep these two Interdependently ? That's all, thanks!

Fun

2. ejoya

ejoya Pen Pal - Newbie

3. spinedoc77

spinedoc77 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

4. gcoupe

gcoupe Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hmm - I have a slim-line case (the ArmourDog from Lente Designs), which, like the Lenovo Slimline case, has a magnet in the cover. When the case is closed, it switches off the display, but the tablet does not go into sleep mode. So I can quite happily play music while the cover is closed and the display is off.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. ejoya

ejoya Pen Pal - Newbie

Doesn't affect battery life. You lose connected standby. I have a smartphone for messaging needs so I don't need that feature

6. spinedoc77

spinedoc77 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

That's awesome. Really the only thing I would lose is push email, but that's no big deal with a cell phone.

7. manuelcalavera

manuelcalavera Scribbler - Standard Member

Lenovo's Slim Case switches to sleep mode. Every magnetic case does that.

Edit : BTW, I tried the method mentioned in Microsoft website. The poster himself told me in Lenovo's Forum. That didn't work.

8. gcoupe

Well, if it goes into sleep mode then, all I can say is that my music keeps playing when the tablet is in sleep mode.

9. z_zk_z

z_zk_z Pen Pal - Newbie

Only works with WIN 8 programs and not legacy Desktop programs. READ BELOW

Connected standby works only for store apps, not desktop apps.

Think you have to also enable app to work in background.

Try to use original win8 mail app and enable notifications & background working in options.

You should hear the bell when new e-mail arrives.

Store media player also works during standby. <<<<---------------------

Emails in Sleep Mode/ Connected Standby??

Options

&#8206;03-24-2013 09:11 AM

Scenario:

My power control settings are set to put the TPT2 to "sleep" after 5 Mins when on battery. However, when the screen goes out my wireless or LAN connection also seems to drop.

When I power on the tablet I can see that my wifi signal is lost and it takes a few seconds to find it.

During this time (when in "sleep") I dont get any emails or notification.

Same happens when I press the power button (set to put TPT2 to sleep), on wake I can see that my WIFI was dropped and take a few secs to reconnect.

My current power setting options include : Sleep, Do Nothing, Hibernate, Shut Down.

Question:

Is "Sleep" not "Connected Standby", if not how can I configure my tablet to ALWAYS remaind connected to the wifi or LAN unless turned off (shut down) completely?

Thanks.

10. gcoupe

I think part of the confusion (for me, anyway) is that the new "Connected Standby" state is not the same as the traditional Windows 7 "Sleep" or "Hibernate" states.

There's an excellent video here from Pat Stemen given at the BUILD 2011 conference on understanding Connected Standby. Alternatively, some of the high points from the talk are in this article.

One of the points is that in Connected Standby, the WiFi and WWAN devices should remain on (but in very low-power states) in order to respond to incoming events.

I know from my own TPT2 tablet that when it is in Connected Standby (essentially whenever the screen is off), that there is still WiFi and WWAN activity, because I receive email notifications - but I'm using the Mail App on the tablet, and this will respond to notifications, even when the tablet is in Connected Standby. If I were to use the Windows Live Mail client (a traditional Desktop application), then this wouldn't work, because all Desktop applications are totally suspended when the device is in Connected Standby.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.