TP10: Wacom tablet no longer found?

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by electronbee, Oct 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. electronbee

electronbee Pen Pal - Newbie

Very odd... I went to check on the Tablet PC Settings and I got the error: "A supported tablet was not found on this system."

However, pen and touch work including pressure sensitivity. So, it's just kinda odd that this happened. Some other things: originally, only had the 4-point calibration... did a Windows update and now its the 16 point all of a sudden. I also did add two Microsoft Devices, BT mouse and keyboard. I'll remove those and see if that feature comes back.

When I look in device manager, I used to see two devices under mouse... one was the default MS mouse and the other one was Wacom. Under HID devices, at the very bottom, Wacom was listed, and now it is not. Device Manger can't find any "new hardware" to install the driver. I'll check the event logs when I get home.

Just hoping someone had a real quick answer as I ordered the Fujitsu T5000 pen and want to use that second button.

2. gcoupe

gcoupe Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

It could be the fact that there are two different driver packages for the pen/digitiser: the default Microsoft package and the Wacom Wintab package; are they both installed (they can be)?

If they are, then you should see two entries in the Hardware and Sound section of the traditional Control Panel: Tablet PC Settings (the Microsoft stuff) and Pen Tablet Properties (the Wacom stuff).

3. electronbee

electronbee Pen Pal - Newbie

Went to the lenovo support site and downloaded the driver and re-installed. I have no idea how I deleted it but I must have.

AUGH, now Inkscape wont work correctly. Stylus is all over the map when that program is loaded.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.