TP10 Wacom frustration

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by electronbee, Oct 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. electronbee

electronbee Pen Pal - Newbie

So... on my TP10 I can not seem to get the Wacom driver to operate correctly with programs like Inkscape, Corel Draw, Xara, etc. What happens is that the stylus tracks way off, not a few MM but as in off the screen "off". As soon as I close the program the stylus operates correctly.

On another message, I had lost the Wacom driver and I was using the default MS one and the stylus behaved like it should have. This bizarre behavior is the same regardless if I use the 4-point calibration or run a custom 200+ point calibration.

Any idea? I could get away without the Wacom drivers, I just can't use the second button for anything (or at least assign it a function via the GUI, but maybe via a registry hack?)

2. Shade of RA

Shade of RA Pen Pal - Newbie

This is just a guess, but try adjusting your DPI setting to 100%. It defaults to 150%. I've seen several programs have similar issues.

RA

3. electronbee

Thanks, I tried going to 100% but the problem still persists.

4. electronbee

Its the Wacom ISD driver. I stopped it in services and now everything is OK across the board. When those art programs start they must make a call or initialize something that throws it all off.

5. electronbee

OK, so I have "cursor acceleration". Still no real solution yet on this other than to turn off Wacom if I want to use an art program, which is stupid.

6. electronbee

So, this problem was solved by updating to the latest TabletPC drivers from Wacom. Although when you run the hardware compatibility checker it will state you do not have compatible hardware. I can assure you, if you have a TP10, you do.

Much better edge calibration, and, a nifty radial menu. Not as elaborate as the other "radial menu" based off of AHK, but nice none the less.

7. Sean H

Sean H Pen Pal - Newbie

I would like to use my first post to say thank you for this.

8. Wesley

Wesley Pen Pal - Newbie

The new Wacom Feel driver gives much better experience. The orientation-based edge calibration is a great thing to have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.