Touchsmart TX2 Media Buttons

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TX2 (N-trig)' started by ettis, Feb 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ettis

ettis Pen Pal - Newbie

I recently aquired the HP Touchsmart TX2 and like most people, immidiately installed Windows 7 on it. After a few days tweaking, I've gotten most things that's supposed to work to work except the three media buttons on the screen.

[​IMG]

I'm uncertian which drivers control these buttons and I can't find anything on HP's website directly related to them.

The only thing I've found so far is something called "HP Quick Launch Buttons" but the newest version of it is from 2007 and there's alot of compatibility problems with Windows 7 so they don't work.

2. yellowsno

yellowsno Wants to be a Mod

Just to clarify, by media buttons, you mean... screen rotation buttons? the quickplay button? play, pause, next and back? windows mobility center button? Thanks!
    (Unless you have Quickplay installed in 7, then it would be pointless to map that button.)

3. ettis

ettis Pen Pal - Newbie

It's the screen orientation, mediasmart and windows mobility buttons shown on the picture I've linked in my original post (In the red circle)

Someone else seems to have had the same problem, as with him, I've gotten rid of my Vista Partition so I don't have any original drivers on my hard drive and HP seems to have neglected to upload that one onto their website.

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/showthread.php?p=146033#post146033

To solve this problem, I just need someone to upload the correct version of "HP Quick Launch Buttons" specifically designed to work on Touchsmart tx2.

Thanks

4. rjoudrey

rjoudrey Pen Pal - Newbie

If you look at the HP driver site you will see the buttons driver.

5. ettis

ettis Pen Pal - Newbie

You have a link? The only ones I find are those that are incompatible with the tx2.