Touchsmart IQ500 series software

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by myrkr, Feb 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wzx

wzx Pen Pal - Newbie

2. trihy

trihy Scribbler - Standard Member

well, works good the touchsmart soft, It has some nice things. BTW im habing some problems with the resolution, seems like sometimes, the close button is out of the screen. Besides that, I think it deserve a test.

Maybe the resolution problem is easy to fix, don´t know, I´ll look some ini files

The correct steps to install touchsmart is:

-install framework 3.5 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...FamilyID=333325fd-ae52-4e35-b531-508d977d32a6

-install sp37504 (first unrar with winrar, and get into src folder till find setup.exe) http://www.mediafire.com/?nyzlcwmmzaw

-install sp40893 (the same, unrar, and look for setup into src folder) http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&os=2100&product=3781381

Thats all

3. assembisa

assembisa Pen Pal - Newbie

I could never get it to run since memory usage was about 100% most of the time. Had to uninstall. Any one experiencing the same problem on a tx2500?

4. slocraiger

slocraiger Pen Pal - Newbie

wow abicab.... thanks for the link... Origami is the best! everyone should give it a try. easy install and fun UI

5. PcMaN

PcMaN Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi guys,

Im new to this forum and was wondering if anyone can help me?

Ive been reading this thread and its proved very helpful but im having a problem installing sp40838...Ive unzipped it and run the exe file but it tells me i need a hp touchsmart...I HAVE A TOUCHSMART, is there away around this...ive installeed sp37504 with no problem

also which softpak is better/ should i use sp40838 or sp40893

thanks

6. myrkr

myrkr Pen Pal - Newbie

I am also running into the same issue. I have tried accessing the SRC folder directly and attempted to extract the setup.exe file. I have tried with both the sp40838 as well as the newer sp40893. I get one of two errors.

"This software requires an HP system or computer"

or

"Your system does not meet the minimum requirements"

I have managed to install and get running the actual HP touchsmart software I just have not figured out how to get the update for music/video/pictures running on my non-HP pc.

Any ideas from anyone?

Thanks