Touchsmart IQ500 series software

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by myrkr, Feb 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melagius

Melagius Pen Pal - Newbie

I was just curious to see if anyone else had been working with the stuff.

And, where on the PC is the touchsmart software located, i think a friend of mine is getting one and i might be able to 'borrow' the software.

thanks.
    Mel

2. Dojomann

Dojomann Convertible Converter

I wasnt able to find a swsetup folder, but I just went and copied all of the touchsmart stuff in program files (x86)\ hewlett-packard \ touchsmart

(copy that whole folder)

then on your tablet, install sp37504 (i think it's still on HPs site somewhere) to get the basic touchsmart app going, and overwrite all of the files with the ones taken from another touchsmart computer. Should be a fully functioning interface.

3. Melagius

Melagius Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks.

-Mel

4. danocles

danocles Pen Pal - Newbie

I have an IQ770 any way I can upgrade to the newer touchsmart software?

5. Dojomann

probably... same way, pretty much just install the softpaq i mentioned earlier, and copy over the files from another touchsmart.

I looked around HPs website btw, and couldnt find the softpaq again (probably because of what it can do?) so I'm uploading it for everyone. I don't figure that's illegal as it was available on HPs website earlier.

EDIT: here it is

http://www.mediafire.com/?nyzlcwmmzaw

EDIT: if you go to the IQ506t drivers and downloads page, there's an even newer file which should yield the same results. It's the "application update".

EDIT(last one): come to think of it, now on that drivers download page it seems to have most all you need to get the full content. The application updates are not cumulative and contain all the needed data, so just go here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=2100&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3781381&lang=en

and download and install (you may have to use WinRAR to extract the sp exe files to be get past the computer model check)

all the solutions - software updates, in the order that they appear. You should have a fully featured touchsmart interface!

6. slocraiger

slocraiger Pen Pal - Newbie

i'm getting it to work although I need to use the original touchsmart software in your file... when I do the touchsmart update everything stops working.

7. Zealhybrid

Zealhybrid Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Guys!!
    I´ve managed to install the touchsmart software, but when I try to run it, it just.....does nothing.....:(
    is this just for 64bit vista??
    thanks
    Zh
    PD: I´m on a tx2000

8. Dojomann

yeah, the latest applcation update from HPs site seems to stop everything from working... does not load at all. Also, make sure to start the exe with "chromeless" at the end (the shortcut made by the install should put that in there for you).

Honestly, best thing that seems to work is just install the update that I've uploaded on mediafire, and then simply copy over functional touchsmart software from a touchsmart pc to overwrite it. That seems to work the best.

9. Zealhybrid

Zealhybrid Pen Pal - Newbie

Yay!! I think I got it, I´ve installed the sp37504 (Thanks dojomann :p)
    then I got the TouchSmart center, but just with the clock.....
    then I´ve installed the sp40838 (wich is the TouchSmart Music/Photo/video), and it seems to run very well!!!! :) , the only thing that doesn´t work, for me, is the multitouch zoom....but besides that,this is wonderful!!!!

PD: you need to uninstal Quickplay, before installing the sp40830.
    greetings!
    Zh

10. wzx

wzx Pen Pal - Newbie

sorry, I can't download the copy file from the link http://www.mediafire.com/?nyzlcwmmzaw , It reports "error The requested URL could not be retrieved". Will you please send it again? or upload it by another website? Thanks a lot! ^__^
    plus: where to download the sp37504...so confused