Touchscreen scrolling issues

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Stuv, May 11, 2013.

1. Stuv

Stuv Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm still getting my head around using the touchscreen for scrolling in windows 8, since it seems like each application has its own way of handling it. I'd be interested to hear what other's experiences are, since some feel buggy and am wondering if they can be changed with settings/drivers/patches. The Photoshop dragging is probably the most annoying and I would be grateful for a fix. This is on a 700T ATIV with latest CS6 and wacom drivers (just updated with no effect)

Notepad++
    Up/down: Seems to move the window slightly up/down, seems like a default win8 thing to show you cant scroll an further. Would be nice to have scrolling here
    Left/right: Selects text

Firefox
    Up/down: Can scroll in any direction
    Left/right: Selects text
    On google: Both select text (a separate issue they hopefully fix)

Photoshop CS6
    Up/down on background: Makes the scrollbars go white and appear to scroll, but the canvas moves to the upperleft limits then doesn't move
    Left/right on background: Nothing
    Up/down on canvas: Same as background (This is annoying)
    Left/right on canvas: Can scroll in any direction as expected

2. gahfe

gahfe Pen Pal - Newbie

I haven't problems in firefox but I have this problem in PS CS6, If anybody know how to fixit I'll be grateful

3. RaphK

RaphK Pen Pal - Newbie

If you get the Grab and Drag add-on for Firefox, this will be fixed for all sites. You can turn it on and off for when you need text selection -- just right click on your toolbar and add the icon to it, so you can tap it to turn it on and off.

4. gahfe

gahfe Pen Pal - Newbie

hi the problem in photoshop is when panning gesture is active in OS

you can disabled with this registry but you don't have panning in desktop :(

HKEY_CURRENT_USER, Software\Microsoft\Wisp\Touch PanningDisabled=1

5. MadSquabbles

MadSquabbles Pen Pal - Newbie

yeah, touch seems to be a half-hearted attempt on ms's part. granted, desktop mode isn't the native touch side of win8.

i'm almost tempted to sell one of my win tabs and buy back a galaxy note 10.1, that was the best android tablet i've ever owned. only thing is that i've gotten to like 11.6" and not having to convert some of my movies.

6. Stevepunk

Stevepunk Pen Pal - Newbie

I have tried this in windows 10 and windows 8.1 but there is no option for PanningDisabled.

Under "HKEY_CURRENT_USER, Software\Microsoft\Wisp\Touch" I have:

Bouncing
    Fristion
    Inertia
    TouchMode_hold
    TouchModeN_DtapDist
    TouchModeN_DtapTime
    TouchModeN_HoldTime_Animation
    TouchModeN_HoldTime_BeforeAnimation
    TouchUI

I am remote desktoping from my Windows 8.1 Surface Pro 3 to my Windows 10 PC with Photoshop CC 2014 installed. I can use my pen and the desktop pc shows the pen cursor. I can scroll with 1 touch initially but the second time I try to scroll the bars turn white and I need to click the mouse cursor on the PC to turn them black again.

I have gestures turned on in Photoshop on the Desktop but pinch to zoom and doubletap don't work via the surface.

7. pierre barbeyto

pierre barbeyto Pen Pal - Newbie

same. i have windows 10 @Stevepunk were you able to find a fix?