TouchScreen clicking by itself?

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by cclee, Mar 26, 2011.

1. macariuz

macariuz Pen Pal - Newbie

I've actually had the protective sheet on when this problem started to occur, so I was thinking back then that somehow that plastic sheet was affecting the screen and took it off.

At this point, this issue doesn't seem as wide spread as say the noisy fans or screen lock ups, but mine was working flawlessly until just few weeks ago. So, perhaps more people will experience this problem down the line.

2. macariuz

I purchased mine through Amazon... and yes, I also did clean install and the problem came back... not as often as before, but it still did. :/

I only have couple days left before I can send it back to Amazon, so if I can't resolve this by tonight, I'll be returning it to Amazon tomorrow morning.

3. cclee

cclee Pen Pal - Newbie

Did you return it, or was the problem fixed?

4. macariuz

It didn't fix it, however I cleaned my screen like it was suggested and the problem hasn't returned yet. So, I'm going to hang onto it for one more day to see if it really fixed it.

5. JackBFlippinNimble

JackBFlippinNimble Scribbler - Standard Member

I have had some issues with the power management features allowing the computer to put the device to sleep. I Disabled everything that had this feature (control panel, device manager, then click on everything to see if it has power management under properties, and unchecked the box for "allow computer to put to sleep". It stopped periodic freezing of the pen, and I have not had any other funky issues. Perhaps give this a try, as it seems there is an issue with sleep on this. I don't consider it a big issue to not sleep, because it boots up so fast. I don't know why/if this could be the problem for you, but I would try it out. Good luck. I have had mine for about 3 1/2 weeks, and now it runs flawlessly.

6. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

keep us posted..thx..

7. macariuz

Well, the problem came back last night, so I'll be returning my unit tomorrow morning. At this point, I'm fairly certain that this is a hardware issue. I also noticed that if I move my unit around, it's more likely to trigger this problem. Maybe it was just a coincidence, but it started happening again when I was holding my slate upright from a flat position on my desk. Perhaps there's something loose in there, who knows. Guess I could open it up to take a peek inside, but I doubt that I'll find anything.

8. cclee

cclee Pen Pal - Newbie

Macariuz: I came to the same conclusion as well... It seemed to be linked to motion somehow, maybe even the rotation sensor. I could never prove it, however.

On the bright side, I ordered a replacement unit on April 4th from the Microsoft Store, and I got an email today (April 8th) saying that an EP121 is on its way! Excited to try the new unit next week. :)

9. Raxel

Raxel Scribbler - Standard Member

Now I am also seeing this issue after reinstalling the windows and upgrading the ram to 4GB. After cleaning the screen with fine cloth it does not seem to occur...

10. sama98b

sama98b Pen Pal - Newbie

There is a nice big forum .. I suggest reading in more areas and searching ...
    This problem is kinda common with touch screens ...
    Clean it, recalibrate it, stay away from devices with high emi radiation ..

11. Raxel

I have seen numerous touch screen devices and haven't seen this kind of symptom so far.

If it is a hardware issue, I think easiest way to fix it is disable that upperright region of the screen from touching.

12. Raxel

Now it became so severe and the tablet is almost unusable. :[
    I tried disabling some mouse drivers and now multitouch is gone.

13. macariuz

I can tell you that I've tried just about everything and couldn't fix this issue. It would go away for awhile, but then come back. I've tried restoring with the restore disks, and doing a clean install. Also tried deleting bunch of touch/pen and bluetooth drivers and updating them.. nothing worked (you can disable eeti driver and this problem will go away, but then you'll loose touch function). Cleaning the screen didn't work for me either. After trying to fix it for 3-4 days, I gave up and returned mine to Amazon. Luckily, I noticed that my local Fry's had a stock, so I picked up a new one this weekend.

If you find a fix for this.. definitely let us know. Good luck.

14. cclee

cclee Pen Pal - Newbie

My experience is same with Macariuz. Finally returned mine after trying to fix it. A replacement one should arrive tomorrow.

Macariuz : Please keep us informed on your new tablet. Hopefully it's working great!

15. Raxel

I did reinstall touch and wacom drivers, disabled power saving options, and crack open the case and checked digitizer sensor wires.

And now it is working flawlessly for days. Maybe I have fixed it. Maybe not.

16. cclee

cclee Pen Pal - Newbie

Nice! Hope it stays working. Did the senor wires look okay?
    Keep us posted.

17. Raxel

I suspected that I did something wrong during upgrading ram but it may not be the case. I think setting up correct drivers helped (hopefully) solve the problem. i have seen very severe clicking (every a few minutes!) before and now I am mot seeing the symptom after the fix.

18. Raxel

AAARGH, it came back!

19. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

Try the patched Wacom enhanced driver.

20. tgoode

tgoode Pen Pal - Newbie

FIRMWARE FOR THE TOUCHPAD : Hardware

This is a link to a Joo Joo related forum. Download The Rar file from the second link provided. DO NOT install these drivers.!

inside the rar file you will find a utility named PCAP tuning.exe. Try running this utility - if it works for you, place a shortcut to it in your Startup folder.