TouchScreen clicking by itself?

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by cclee, Mar 26, 2011.

1. JemyM

JemyM JemyM

I haven't authorized the repairs. Installing an LCD is something I can do myself really.

2. chapmattman

chapmattman Pen Pal - Newbie

I note one more time that I had this problem a bunch with Windows 7, and I never have the problem with Windows 8.

While I was convinced it was a hardware issue, maybe something they programmed helped out, as they use the bezel in Windows 8 and did not in Windows 7 (to my knowledge)

3. tannerwooden

tannerwooden Pen Pal - Newbie

WARNING! Gotta warn everyone. I bought a warranty from the Microsoft store. Apparently, the warranty is held by "Warrantech." I called Warrantech with this "self clicking" issue. They sent me a fedex box to ship my slate to another company called, "Encompass" (encompass.com) in Florida. We went back and forth for around 3 weeks, but the long story short is they can't "duplicate the problem." (Long story here: http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/ep121-slate/51082-warranty-fun-encompass-service-solutions.html )

So they called me today and said that since they can't duplicate the problem, they are going to send me back the PC, unrepaired......as soon as I pay them a $95 diagnostic fee. I called Warrantech and they will not help (talked to a manager and everything.) I said, "If I video the problem happening after it's sent back to me, will you fix it and reimburse the $95?" No, they won't.

4. hburger

hburger Pen Pal - Newbie

Sorry to report that the BIOS 603 did not fix the problem. Will never buy ASUS again. At some point, I may try Windows 8...

5. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

Try have ASUS repair it.. if over warranty...follow some tip in this forum..

6. swaslater

swaslater Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey folks thanx for the super info on this thread! I have read the sister thread at;
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/ep1...-fans-touchscreen-clicking-screen-issues.html

There were quite a few folks that tried the "electrical tape op", the thread has been real quiet lately (no real updates on success) so I'm just wondering if anyone here has attempted that and what your success has been. I've had my slate since April, upgraded my ram and ssd ...super satisfied till recently:( Thanx

7. swaslater

swaslater Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey folks I have had my slate since April, upgraded both my ram and ssd with help from this forum, thanx. I have recently suffered the "miracle self clicking" also. I have tried many of the options described in this thread and am convivced it is a hardware issue also. The sister thread to this at;

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/ep1...-fans-touchscreen-clicking-screen-issues.html

discusses the "electrical tape op", has anyone here tried this and what has your long term success been?

8. suprempower

suprempower Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey,

Much like many of you, I am now having this problem with my tablet running windows 8. When I first bought this the ep121 I had the problem straight from the get go and returned it to Best Buy here in Canada. The one I exchanged for (my current tablet) worked great. over the weekend it started phantom clicking, and so I am looking for solutions. I have a best buy 3 year warranty on the product (its been more than 1 year so asus warranty is over). Does anyone have experience taking this problem into best buy? would they be able to fix it or would they likely give a replacement (as the warranty dictates in difficult/pricey/lengthy repa). i just dont want them telling me its a software problem and that i should go home full of sadness.

9. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

does it click on win7?

should take video of your clicking ..on win 8...and then down grade back to win7...

10. suprempower

suprempower Pen Pal - Newbie

I have had my tablet with windows 8 installed for months, so i dont know if it would click with windows 7. i probably will try to downgrade soon. but this is exactly the same as the clicking i had with my old ep121 with windows 7 before i returned it. i did take a video of it happening on saturday which i will probably show to the best buy guys. Since posting I pushed quite hard on the top corner, which reproduced the problem at first, but since then i havent had any more clicking. Hopefully the fact that it was reproducible with pressure proves to best buy that it is a hardware, not software, problem.