TouchScreen clicking by itself?

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by cclee, Mar 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dan300

dan300 Pen Pal - Newbie

Got some of the upper right clicking on my 3 month old last nite, so I read thru this thread. Today I moved a magnet around the screen and got clicking, but only near the edges and only if touch was turned on. I found out some time ago that the pen door has a small magnet in it to keep it closed.
    Don't know why the issue only happens at random, but I would bet that when it's happening, propping the door open would make it stop.

2. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...Today I moved a magnet around the screen and got clicking...>>

dan: Based on my understanding of the digitizer's operation, a magnet should not have an effect. The proximity of the charge on your fingers, however, might.

Try taping the magnet to one end of a wooden pencil (or a short strip of wood or stiff paper) and try your test again. Keep all parts of your body well clear of the digitizer...

3. kamikaze458

kamikaze458 Scribbler - Standard Member

If i use the white cable of the power supply, and touch the screent with it, it generates a click almost always! (even when it's isolated with the white rubber).

note: none of my fingers touch the screen while trying this and i can replicate it at my will.

4. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

you have metal inside the cable and create capacitance.

5. kamikaze458

kamikaze458 Scribbler - Standard Member

I know :) .

6. dan300

dan300 Pen Pal - Newbie

Still does it.

7. chapmattman

chapmattman Pen Pal - Newbie

i am bumping because i fixed my ep, which was having the same problem. my problem was caused by having the TIP thingy in the upper right hand corner. if i change the setting to upper left, it no longer occurs.

it has been 5 days without a recurrence. i changed it back to upper right ans sure enough, within an hour ihad the phantom window closer.

hope i helped someone.

chap

8. NickV

NickV Pen Pal - Newbie

I am having the same problem as everyone else in the thread. I am trying to understand your fix for the issue, however I do not understand what "TIP" means? Could you elaborate?

Thank you

9. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...I do not understand what "TIP" means?..>>

...The Tablet Input Panel. It flies out from the side when you, for example, tap in a text box?

If you happen to have the TIP stationed in the upper right corner of your screen, it seems to sometimes cause problems. If your TIP flies in from the left, it should not be an issue...

10. NickV

NickV Pen Pal - Newbie

Ah ok, I have it on the left side and not the right, since I believe that was the default location.

I never had this problem until I sent it in for repair to have the screen replaced. I spoke with Asus about it and they had me downgrade my intel display drivers to the one they had on the support website.

This does not seem to have corrected the problem and they are not willing thus far to pay for shipping back to them even though this is the 4th time i'd have to send it back.

Oh well may end up having to live with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.