TouchScreen clicking by itself?

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by cclee, Mar 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrono

Mrono Scribbler - Standard Member

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/ep121-slate/43622-pen-calibration-trick.html

2. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

Back to native config..

do a search..a member had a default calibration data file posted before.

3. Pirohmaniac

Pirohmaniac Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm regretting it a lot. I sent it through Purolator, packed it up nicely in bubble wrap and got a call this morning saying it was scratched and I need to pay to fix it. I looked at the email they sent and it's got a crack from all the way from left to right. They want 697.20 total to fix it! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

4. Agent 9

Agent 9 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

That sucks... do you have any pictures of the EP121 before sending it in? [as proof]; I have heard of these exact kinds, and worse, horror stories from EVERY manufacturer ever (including a ton from apple, believe it or not, especially when someone doesn't go to 'the apple store' for repair/ replacement), but the one thing I learned from them all is that you have to disconnect yourself from being angry at the company/ or the people you are on the phone with (its not their fault some dolt didn't handle your package correctly, that person isn't the company, there is simply no reason to blame/ get angry at them... be nice, polite, and be clear in what you say, that is what you need to do)

In truth you will have little luck getting anywhere with standard customer service, you will have to talk to at least a few managers before getting anything done, you may even have to email some higher ups like a CEO's, VP's and even Presidents of ASUS/ the shipping company you used (though writing as clear headed -not angry- and as to the point as possible... though hand writing a letter, or printing one out and mailing it would be a better option as it is more direct and personal)

You are not at fault here, but neither is the company per-say, if you handle it with a level head you will likely get a new EP121, I have heard of this happening all the time when done properly

It is also worth checking into the shipping company you used and what kinds of standard insurance they have on shipped things, and what they could do for you in the event something happened [which it did]

5. coldpenguin

coldpenguin Scribbler - Standard Member

Erm, if it was just the slate covered in bubble-wrap, I would claim that it was not properly packaged for shipment.

I had a customer once package a £3k computer chassis for shipment back to us. I stated in our requirements that it needed to be boxed, and once boxed we would arrange for a courier to pick it up.

When it arrived, it had been bent badly, they had only covered it in two layers of bubble-wrap. Certainly we would not be liable for the damage done, and we use insured couriers. However, upon the customer trying to contact the courier (we didn't even bother), they would be told that the packaging used was not sufficient. We took photographs of the packaging and damage (even prior to opening it, we were so surprised that someone could consider bubble-wrap a suitable packaging material), but they were not required.

Often it is in the manuals/packing slips that it is recommended that the packaging materials are kept for cases when the item needs to be RMA'd

6. Pirohmaniac

I'm in the middle of it right now. Called yesterday and was told it was already under repair nothing about a crack. He called it a scratch on the phone this morning. Still writing the email back.
    Purolator probably won't be much help because I didn't declare the value. Couldn't afford to. No proof that it wasn't broken either but I could download one or asking somebody here would probably be better so they can't google and pull up the image.

We'll see. If I can't get anything to happen now, I might in September. We're going to meet an Asus rep in Calgary to get the info to buy wholesale from the manufacturers? Just don't know how much pull he has.

Also I found this ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
    It's Asus's Investor Relations page apparently a good place to try as well. They speak english and the info is made public or so I read.

7. Pirohmaniac

In the RMA email I was sent they said not to use the original box which would have been less protective than bubble wrap. I followed what they said though, boxed (an old USPS box) with at least two inches of padding on each side. The padding was bubble wrap.

8. Pirohmaniac

You don't happen to know any of that info do you? I already emailed their investor relations and mentioned that we're going to be a wholesale buyer soon. Companies seem to be nicer to business customers than they are to customer customers.
    Purolator I'll try tomorrow when I can get to the phone. Damage fix or replacement it's still over $500.

9. greatthursday

greatthursday Pen Pal - Newbie

had this problem start up. after reading this thread, i'm just glad that i'm sending it in for the overheating issues. tagged this on to my RMA request though ASUS didn't seem to think it was hardware related whatsoever, but this thread gives me a different opinion ... we'll see if they repair, or just send me back my old unit without addressing this.

10. Pirohmaniac

I though I saw somebody who said that they replaced it. Mine is apparently going to be repaired.
    Speaking of, the guy showed it to his supervisor and they say they're going to replace the touchscreen for free this time only.
    Gonna have to talk to the Rep next month about getting some better warranty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.