1. You may have noticed that TabletPCReview looks a little different. That's because we've moved to a new, streamlined platform, XenForo. Have yourself a look around and engage with your peers. Tips for completing basic tasks are here. Should you encounter any bugs or issues, please post them in this thread, so that we can prioritize and fix them. And feel free to let us know your opinions of the new site.

Touchpad Driver install failed 500t

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by will25u, Mar 30, 2013.

1. will25u

will25u Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey all,

I'm having trouble installing the elan touchpad drivers (version 11.7.0.426) for the 500t. I try to install through the Samsung sw update but it gives me error (Failed -10). I tried so many times and tried to uninstall through device manager and reinstall with sw update but no luck.

Is anyone having this problem and know how to fix this?
  2. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member

The first time I tried to install this driver through SW Update it failed but on the second attempt it worked. Did you try to save the installer and run it manually?
  3. will25u

will25u Pen Pal - Newbie

it worked! I didn't know that I can save the installer i just got the tab yesterday.

Thanks Heathlesssun!
  4. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member

Happy to help, glad that fixed you up.
  5. ohnoezitasploded

ohnoezitasploded Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm having a hell of a time with SW Update, can someone tell me where it saves the installer file so I can install it manually?

Thanks for the help!
  6. Shizaru

Shizaru Pen Pal - Newbie

You need to use the Save Setup Files option which allows you to select the drivers and software that you want to export. You determine where these files are saved on your local system.
  7. ohnoezitasploded

ohnoezitasploded Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks, that's what I thought. The touchpad driver was missing from the list of setup files I could export, and it's still missing from the device manager (it should be under the 'Mice and other pointing devices, right?').

I ended up having to do a refresh of my machine. Not to get off topic here, but the bundled Samsung software is buggy and hard to remove. Hey, Samy, stick to hardware, okay?