1. You may have noticed that TabletPCReview looks a little different. That's because we've moved to a new, streamlined platform, XenForo. Have yourself a look around and engage with your peers. Tips for completing basic tasks are here. Should you encounter any bugs or issues, please post them in this thread, so that we can prioritize and fix them. And feel free to let us know your opinions of the new site.

Touchpad: Click 'n Drag

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by devights, Apr 15, 2010.

1. devights

devights Pen Pal - Newbie

So I've had my TM2 for about a week now and almost everything has been working amazingly well. The issue I'm having is if I'm clicking and dragging (say to move an icon or highlight text) using the touchpad the cursor jumps all over the screen. I'm from my experimentation and what I've read on this form this is most likely due to the touchpad not liking two fingers on the surface and since the buttons are part of the touch surface, it gets screwed up.
    Is there any way to disable touch sensing on the button area (I've seen this asked before, but never answered)? I was considering just putting tape over the buttons, but I noticed that if it doesn't sense your finger it won't count the click (I used some cloth as a barrier). Any thoughts? In it's current state the touchpad is almost unusable since I do a lot of text highlighting while I code on this device...
  2. acc1dent

acc1dent Destroyer of Souls

I wish... If anyone has a solution I would love to hear it as well. I'm sick of this trackpad. I wish I had my macbook pro trackpad in this thing...
  3. AceCalhoon

AceCalhoon Pen Pal - Newbie

One thing you can do: If you double-tap and leave your finger on the pad you can drag around whatever you were pointing at. It only seems to work for left-click + drag, and there's only so far you can drag, but for the most part it works well.

Edited to add: Of course, you can also just reach out and touch the screen with your other hand. I find myself doing that a lot too.
  4. fastangel

fastangel Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah, double-tap drag is what I thought everyone does, but guess not. Click and drag??? That just sounds terrible (on a touchpad)...