[Touchkey SurfacePRO3] My own approach to a no-keyboard Surface Pro 3 Painting tablet

Discussion in 'Artists' started by basicleader, Jan 30, 2015.

1. basicleader

basicleader Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello everybody, thanks to your very nice discovery as a compatible ARTDOCK Alternative to Surface Pro 3, that is Touchkey.

I've come up with my approach to an only-stylus and touch use of the Surface Pro 3 with MangaStudio 5 (the only software I use now). Since I am very lazy, I tend to use the stylus-only way a lot, which lets my upper body in a very relaxed posture! and my left hand free to hang there. My workflow is a bit slower, but not that much!

The following pictures are pretty straightforward:

Toolbar1.jpg Toolbar2.jpg

I just hope this toolbar can inspire your own customized toolbar, so you can tweak it to your own needs!

The touchkey zip file is attached to this thread! Enjoy!

PS: Everybody can have a try customizing toolbars using a textpad, and the macroviewer provided, the learning curve is just super fast!

Attached Files:

cleft and jaekqubp like this.
  2. ron2k_1

ron2k_1 calibuchi Senior Member

Did you try Radial Menu? It's super easy to set up. It shows Pen and Touch simultaneously and it's being developed constantly.

Swiped from my Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

jaekqubp likes this.
  3. basicleader

I haven't tried it yet, at the time I was working on intuos 4, my brain never could buy into the concept of the Radial Menu? It just didn't make it!

I'll give a shot to this new opensource alternative to see if it brings a new life to our relationship! Can you give me a link in case so I can check I'm trying the right one! ;)

4. ron2k_1

ron2k_1 calibuchi Senior Member

5. basicleader

Tried it out!^^ Seems very promising, but I'm still not hooked to the radial menu ! x'(

Got down my own toolbar to 3 templates now "keyboard" "MS5" "minimized".. Perfectly fitted to my workflow!

Thanks for your time ron2k_1.

ron2k_1 likes this.