TouchKey - a universal ArtDock alternative?

Discussion in 'Artists' started by cleft, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Iwan

Iwan Pen Pal - Newbie

@cleft , Okay, got it now , Thanks Cleft for the info :).

2. Pogibaer

Pogibaer Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Captian Porcupine,

thanx for your tutorial. Very goot work. Maybe you can help me with my problem on using touch key:

On using Touchkey every time is I use these touch shortcuts the mouse pointer moves to the touchkey panel.
    So, if I want to change the brush size in Photoshop with touchkey, I cannot see the changing brush size, as the brush will move with every press of the touchkey to the touchkey panel position.

-> On my Wacom I didn't have this behaviour. There the brush position in photoshop stays always at the same place when I press the WACOM On Screen Controls to change the brush size.

Is there a way this behavior with touchkey?

I did test it on several PCs with touchscreen, always the same.

I am using the newest touchkey version and the newest windows 10 release.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Markus

3. eter

eter Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, I've been trying to configure and use touchkey bot on asus tablet and asus laptop computer. I am working with adobe illustrator cs5 and whenever i create a button for paste (ctrl+V) command, and use it on touchkey, it does work but also opens gradient window, which is pretty annoying. does anyone else has encountered with this problem or know the solution? thanks

Attached Files:

4. Tolu Abisola

Tolu Abisola Pen Pal - Newbie

So, this is the third tablet key type program I've tried and so far this one seems to be the one that most resembles ArtDock in functionality.

Issue I have at the moment is it doesn't seem to recognise the pen when I have one of the buttons pushed down.

I'm currently using a Surface Book, i5 with 8GB of RAM and I have enabled the "other" profile enabled.

thanks

5. Tolu Abisola

Tolu Abisola Pen Pal - Newbie

Not to worry, all sorted.

What an amazing tool this is, I've got the complete functionality I used to enjoy with Art dock but this is better as it's easier to modify.

Now making toolbar's for all my favourite programs, will eventually get around to making icons for them too.

Amazing little tool and shame on MS for not making one of their own.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017