Touch screen stops working on m700?

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by jtallieu, May 3, 2014.

1. graelb

graelb Pen Pal - Newbie

I know there's been a few threads where people have said the touch screen stopped working after hibernation on their Toshiba portege m700, and sometimes the wacom pen doesn't even work... Just curious if there's been any news on the matter of some kind of fix or workaround?

Also, I'm considering changing over to vista 64 bit, Curious if anyone's currently running it, and what problems they've come across finding drivers and getting the programs to work on it?

Let me know =)

2. nemesis_haven

nemesis_haven Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm running Vista 32-bit, and I've had the touch/digitizer fail a couple times on wake up from sleep/hibernation.

I haven't had it happen since I installed SP1, but that may just be coincidence. I *think* the problem involved the Microsoft (?) Tablet PC Service crashing, so it is plausible that sp1 may have made a difference.

I'm not too much of a tech-head/windows guru, so I always just restarted, and that always fixed the problem.

3. graelb

graelb Pen Pal - Newbie

Just for the record! I updated to SP1 for vista, and haven't had a problem since.

4. GeekStarPilot

GeekStarPilot Scribbler - Standard Member

I recall reading in the tech notes for Vista SP1 that there are a number of fixes related to sleep and hibernation. One or more of these fixes may have fixed the tablet / digitizer failure on wake problems.

5. jtallieu

jtallieu Pen Pal - Newbie

hi i am new here and my m700 has been upgraded to windows 7 but the touchscreen has stopped working all together. i tried looking for a driver but i cant download one please help!!!!:(