Touch screen not working properly TX1000 (CT)

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by PhoenixFX, Jul 12, 2007.

1. shamasis

shamasis Pen Pal - Newbie

I am sorry but I had no idea that the link got dead. Apparently there is some issue with my .NET Installation on my webserver. I will try to recover the post and repost it somewhere.

2. maroon93

maroon93 Pen Pal - Newbie

where do you run the "tabcal LinCal" command?

3. lol wut

lol wut Pen Pal - Newbie

start menu search :)

4. Mattman159159

Mattman159159 Pen Pal - Newbie

hi, i own a tx1308nr and had the same problems with the touch screen being extremely miscalibrated after some kind of windows update.

i had gone so far as to try and reprogram some of the binary in the registry key, after that didnt work i stumbled onto the solution:

i found out that all tx1000 derivitives use an egalax digitizer touchscreen. when i finally found there website they have a much, much, much better calibration tool and driver set, even better it supports all windows, mac, and linux platforms.

after downloading and installing there tool, my touchscreen was no longer a human interface device. it is now under mouse/ps2 labeled as touchscreen.

anyone having any problem at all with the touch screen should go and download there tool for there product.
    http://210.64.17.162/

kinda funny how you wont see this name or utility mentioned anywhere at the hp or microsoft site...

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. frogale

frogale Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks you very much Mattman159159 !!!! 25 point calibration solved my problem with tx1000z Tablet PC.

Direct driver link
    here

6. maroon93

maroon93 Pen Pal - Newbie

i tried this and used the 25 point linearization but it made the calibration of the touchscreen worse where the pointer ended up being 2 inches away from where i actually touched. for some background info, my touchscreen initially had a difference of half of centermeter in some locations.

anyways, anyone else try this tool and have better luck?