Touch screen accuracy

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by Sp1ce, Apr 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sp1ce

Sp1ce Pen Pal - Newbie

i'm having a terrible time getting adjusted to the touch screen on the ep121
    instead of my curser being directly under my finger it is offset. Touching text links on the internet is always trial and error, typing even with half screen gets a few errors, and forget about trying to scale windows...near impossible.

Although I am also comparing the accuracy to iosx and android devices that are built for touch usage. Has anyone managed to calibrate their touch screen to register be more accurate ? it seems to me that the capacitive screen works like the wacom calibration (4 point)

2. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

most app ares not written with touch in mind. the target area is so small. There is a thread in HP500 or here on how to set up your desktop for easier access for touch. I think new user guide does mention on how.

3. oztabletpc

oztabletpc Tablet PC Since 2003

If you go to the Tablet PC Settings Control Panel App (see attached), you should be able to reset the calibration of both touch and pen. If you do that, you will get to do a 16 point calibration for both pen and touch the next time you run them.

Web links are a problem on all devices because they are not designed for touch. I find many missed targets on all devices in this area. You may find that docking the keyboard to the bottom works better for you. Personally, I like it to float around... Resizing windows can also be an issue, but it is also a function that is not available on iOS and Android.

I find that getting the calibration right makes a lot of difference to missed touches. Once you settle it and get a feel for where the contact is going, it works pretty well. It is worth playing with a bit to get a bias that you prefer (i.e what part of your finger will activate targets).

Flicks and multi-touch gestures like right click are big bonuses and I find myself constantly using them to my annoyance on the iPad now...

Attached Files:

4. species5618w

species5618w Scribbler - Standard Member

One thing you might want to try is the snap functionality in windows 7. Drag the window to the top of the screen, it automatically maximize. Left and right edge will resize the window to fill half a screen. Unfortunately, there's no way to close the window, which is kind of annoying.

Overall, I didn't find the EP121 less accurate than the iPad. It's just that the windows interface sometimes requires more precise clicks. Internet links are problematic on both platforms.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.