Touch Panning on Windows 7 RC, tx2500

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Ganman, Sep 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ganman

Ganman Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey all,

There has been limited discussion on this topic, but I wanted to know if there is any way to get touch panning on the tx2500. I know some people have said to use the bluebadge patch. Did that, and does not work (i used revision 3). Other than that, if anyone has any idea of how to get panning on this tablet would be great!

Cheers.

p.s. I do know that the actual touch panning is only offered on multi touch tablets, but was wondering if there is a hack or patch to be able to use it on single touch

2. Luthian

Luthian Pen Pal - Newbie

Bluebadge only worked up through beta. Rafael (the author of Bluebadge) has figured out what they did to disable panning post-Beta, and is (I believe) currently working on something.

3. Ganman

Ganman Pen Pal - Newbie

That's pretty good news. Hope that is true, but other than that method does anyone know of a way to "manually" enable the panning feature? At the moment I already have grab and drag for firefox, but I would like to use that feature throughout the entire operating system.

4. Luthian

Luthian Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, Rafael has currently pulled his new Panning article until he can "Get some hardware to test on" which makes it sound like he's working on something. But thats just me guessing.

As for any other way to enable it, nope, sorry, MS did too good of a job locking it down, its taken until now (since the first pre-RC builds with it locked out) for anyone to even work out a theory on how to unlock it again.

5. adam.mt

adam.mt Super Moderator Senior Member

I've been in contact with Rafael a few times since I brought the problem to his attention. He initially worked out a way to enable the 'touch panning' control panel tab, however feedback suggested this wasn't enough as the function still didn't work. Since he doesn't own a Tablet PC he's waiting on an offer of a loaner machine, before he can progress any further.

I've given him one possible avenue to get such a machine, but if any one else is able to offer that would be great and would definitely push forward a chance of a resolution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.