Touch On/Off Toggle for Ativ Smart Pc 500T

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by simpleatsh, Nov 2, 2012.

1. amateurArtist

amateurArtist Pen Pal - Newbie

For the 700t, the device ID is (on mine, at least) HID\VID_03EB&PID_8411&MI_00&Col01\8&16148c6e&0&0000

simpleatsh, thanks a lot for coming up with this solution. It was my last gripe with this thing.

2. brianious

brianious Pen Pal - Newbie

This method worked beautifully. I really want to thank you. I can now write without worrying about my hand scraping lines all over!

3. ben74

ben74 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi guys, tried this method with samsung slate 7 under win 8

The weird thing, my finger input only works on the keyboard + scrolling & hovering elements too ..
    I love this configuration a lot, prevents me from drawing lines in journal with my finger, still it doesn't fully complete the solutions

used devmanview 64bits version ( 32bits doesn't work ) and disabled first hid element ( order ASC ) and touch disabled

still can't "click" using my finger elsewhere than the keyboard ..

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  4. joh

joh Pen Pal - Newbie

Simpleatsh,

After following your instructions it tells me that the path does not exist and needs modification??

5. davidpodhola

davidpodhola Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello, thank you very much for this, but my Samsung 500t1c stopped reacting on fingers. It is working correctly with the stylus however. If I use these shortcuts and the application, nothing changes. Please help, I want my touch screen back :)

Thanks, David

6. bobodog

bobodog Pen Pal - Newbie

I actually have to agree that this is the last gripe. I use a Samsung Note2 and fell in love with digitizers which is why I got the 500t. The note2/android however has this BEAUTIFUL notetaking app called Lecturenotes. Too bad the developers have no plans of porting it to win8. And one thing I really like about Lecturenotes is that it ignores your fingers for writing (but lets you navigate with them). And it is MUCH more intuitive than S Note.

NOW this solution made by simpleatsh is MAGIC as well. I use windows journal but HATE that it has no option to ignore touch (or am I missing something??). When i toggle the no touch fix on and off, SOMEHOW my touch no longer registers with Windows Journal for writing, but lets me use my fingers to navigate and control the menus!

Does anyone know why? I am SO happy. It is the final piece of the puzzle!

7. bobodog

bobodog Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey David. Turns out I have the same problem. In my post above I mentioned that the toggle somehow selectively disables some touch functions (I can scroll but lost my Win8 gestures with touch, can't tap on some items like links etc). My guess is that the touch functions need to activate while Win8 boots up so that the Win8 touch integration software works with it. Dunno if we can restart a service to get full control again without rebooting.

I tried restarting to see if the touch functions will reactivate and it didn't, even if I toggle it back on with the tweak.

Here's what you do: Go to your Metro UI and view all apps. Look for 'Settings' under the 'Samsung' category. There's under the 'Input' settings group (has the hand with the finger pointing up), you can choose to activate Touchscreen. This is the official way to do it, but requires you to logout and back in to reactivate it.

I can't wait for a real on-the-fly solution!

8. gren

gren Pen Pal - Newbie

OK, this is what I do not get: I turned touch controls off on my 700t. it logs me out then back in. While in the login screen, I CAN use touch. But after I get into Win8 proper, touch control is turned off. What does it mean Basil? The logging out/in bit is annoying enough, but seeing that touch seems to work outside of the user environment (into which you log yourself into) and seems to be a software related issue, I'm hoping that some sort of software solution less disruptive would be provided by Samsung. As it is, this is just a gripe as much as anything :p Carry on.

9. Asus23

Asus23 Pen Pal - Newbie

Sorry, but what do you mean "unzip to the root of partition C;" - I've copied it to the programs folder on drive C and to the windows folder on drive C, but no luck. Regards.

10. Inkermoy

Inkermoy Scribbler - Standard Member

Root means just C:\,

Not C:\Windows
    Not C:\Programs

Just C:\

But whatever folder you unzip to, you can easily move it to C:\