touch not working

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by nheel, Mar 6, 2011.

1. nheel

nheel Scribbler - Standard Member

I just ran into a problem where touch seems to of just stopped working. I wait installing anything, Just web browsing and suddenly my touch is disabled. Tried a system restore, checked my drivers, went into the pen and touch settings, nothing has fixed it. Pen still works though, but I'm at a loss on how to fix this, any suggestions? Thanks.

2. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

Ihad never lost touch even I was playing with different peable drivers.

check you device manager.. and delete the driver.. then do a search for updated driver.. see whether it helps.

3. nheel

nothing doing, uninstalled, reinstalled, tried the Fujitsu drivers...seems like nothing is working.

I may have to return it to Amazon, but then I don't want to have to deal with that hassle. I'm really hoping it just comes back for whatever reason, it's very frustrating losing touch.

4. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

Your last resort is to new install. had you opened the unit before.. may be a loose cable.

5. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yeah, this sounds like a loose cable as someone else around here I think reported the same problem and it was indeed a loose cable but that does mean opening up the unit which night make the return a problem.

6. nheel

turned it off for a few hours and touch is back... very strange, thanks for the help though.

7. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Glad you're back up. I've sort have gotten addicted to this thing, it really is the best Tablet PC experience I've ever had but there does seem to be a little quirkiness in the digitizers.