Touch just went out.

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by kimbosliced, May 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kimbosliced

kimbosliced Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys, my touch screen just went out any ideas for a fix? Digitizer is still working as well as keyboard. I hadn't change any settings at them, I was just moving in between programs and then bam, no more touch sensitivity. Thanks to anyone who can help.

2. kimbosliced

kimbosliced Pen Pal - Newbie

Very strange. It just came back on. I'm not sure what might have occurred. Any ideas?

3. Scootty83

Scootty83 Pen Pal - Newbie

queertrons....

4. kamikaze458

kamikaze458 Scribbler - Standard Member

Did you apply any pressure to the screen (ie: "cleaned it", or tapped it, or something?)

Do you happen to have the bezel a bit separated, just in the USB ports zone?

5. YetAnotherDave

YetAnotherDave Pen Pal - Newbie

Not sure if it's related, but I had touch fail twice in 4 days since I upgraded the BIOS and video drivers. Before that it was rock-solid.

6. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

I would check settings as I found Intel set the system to certain settings when I update the video driver etc..check your touch power saving in device manager..

worst case roll back your drivers and your bios.

7. YetAnotherDave

YetAnotherDave Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for that. Can you tell me which specific device & setting you're referring to?

I might restore from a WHS backup this weekend if it keeps happening. If so I'll try to document the process here since I anticipate it will be a bit esoteric, consisting on multiple prepared USB drives, a USB LAN adapter, etc to get the EP121 onto the LAN to enable it to restore program to access the server.

But rolling back a BIOS update, from what I understand that may be a bit problematic. At least on other ASUS systems I've dealt with, all recent versions AFUDOS specifically prevent back-flashing. There is a special engineering version (AFUDOS236U if I recall correctly) floating around the internet that does allow back-flashing. I've used it before to flash deluxe BIOSes to a bare-bones motherboard but hopefully it won't come to that, it's a nail-biting process even in a less expensive & more open system.

UPDATE: I should have dug around a bit before asking; I'm guessing you're referring to the 'EETI PCAP MultiTouch Digitizer' HID device's 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' setting. Mine is currently checked. Do you recommend un-checking this option?

8. hagba

hagba Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes just un check it and enjoy.

9. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

add "/nodate" to the end of WinFlash icon comment line will allow you to flash old versions of bios

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.