Touch-friendly music player?

Discussion in 'Software' started by singisumina, Aug 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. singisumina

singisumina Pen Pal - Newbie

Alright, on this forum and others, I've looked at/seen this so far:

Songbird (Songbird - Welcome)
    Moovida (Moovida, the free media player - play all your files - AVI, mp3, MKV, DivX, MOV, MP4)
    MediaMonkey (MediaMonkey » Free Media Jukebox, Music Manager, CD Ripper & Converter)
    ...and of course Windows Media Center/iTunes.

Moovida actually looks the most touch-friendly/visual-friendly compared to the other players, but I haven't seen a fully-functional touch-based/friendly media player. Perhaps I'm overlooking something or I'm not in the know - any ideas?

2. singisumina

3. LuCaniTy

LuCaniTy Pen Pal - Newbie

boxee is pretty good

4. singisumina

Tried it, but it doesn't support vertical mode and doesn't seem to have touch-friendly buttons (i.e. exiting a sub-menu, or pulling up the window you usually get when you hit Escape). Also, I've been having trouble running other programs alongside Boxee, which seems to like dominating the window. Great home media center software, but not sure if I'd categorize it as a touch-friendly music player!

Thanks for the idea nonetheless :)

Flosh likes this.
  5. Cyanopsis

Cyanopsis Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm gonna lift this thread. Any more recommendations? Im looking for a media player with large buttons. I know most tablet pc's come with pre installed solutions to this, but it's mostly bloatware that doesn't really fit my needs.

6. Karimsays

Karimsays Pen Pal - Newbie

I have to says XBMC is really good, and is definately worth getting, I find the interface to be very intuitive and allows you to flick through the tracks and playslists quick, and the visualisations are a nice touch too.

7. sudermatt

sudermatt Scribbler - Standard Member

ok, I've tried every single program listed here. And not a single one does it all.

After trying them all.... I'm back to Windows Media Player.

8. dirtyvu

dirtyvu Pen Pal - Newbie

did you try out the cooliris plugin for firefox? it's a very cool multimedia hub. the picture viewer itself is mindblowing. it's very touch friendly.

as for MP3s, yeah, there's not a lot of choices. I like Windows Media Center because it's not a huge resource hog and I can have a common library among all my PCs. Most of my MP3s are located on my main desktop PC which also has a TV tuner. So I just stream everything over to my tablet. WMC doesn't have the cool swiping but all the buttons are easy to select with fingers or stylus.

9. scubadiver87

scubadiver87 Pen Pal - Newbie

im looking for a music app with large play, next, pause, etc. buttons for in the car.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.