Toshiba Tecra M7 online

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by dajimmers, Jun 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dajimmers

dajimmers Pen Pal - Newbie

2. urchimpy

urchimpy Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks dude, I was looking up Toshiba's website as well and was hoping that it should add M7 by 12 AM June 27th. The website did seem to be updating but I was not sure how long it would take them to add this Machine.

Looks like it is finally there.

thanks for the update.

3. Wilco

Wilco Pen Pal - Newbie

NV 110 is the best graphics option, for those wondering :)

4. BrianFL426

BrianFL426 Pen Pal - Newbie

but can it be optimized for gaming for those who want?
    i mean i'll be using proE, autocad, ect. but i do want to play some of the new games coming out, even if its only on medium....

5. Rix

Rix Pen Pal - Newbie

dont worry mate. when these new gaming graphic cards come out, they are optimised for gaming. however, theres nothing wrong with playing with older graphics cards. i mean, even though it wont be at maximum resolution or quality, you should be able to play these newer games for some time. However, the only real concern for games and art work (especially with 3d), is the shaders that the graphics cards have. Im thinking that you can either turn off the newer 'intensive' shaders off in the game or maybe, 'hack' the graphics card and install some non-legit drivers.

6. Fuji-senpai

Fuji-senpai Pen Pal - Newbie

Is it possible to change the NV 110 to another (PCI-Ex16) notebook GPU by myself? Just wondering if it's possible with laptops. I'm such a noob when it comes to notebooks or TPCs ^^;. Though I'm having hard time to find place to buy notebook graphic cards... so I'm guessing that it's not possible :| But, to be sure, someone with more experience might light me up on this?

Sorry, it's a little bit off topic, but then again, I'm thinking on getting the M7, so that's why I'm asking it in this thread.

7. Wilco

Wilco Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah, think of the Quadro NV110MS as a Geforce Go7300 with extensions for AutoCAD etc. So it'll be just as good, if not slightly better than a 7300. This isn't the best Graphics option for a notebook out there, but its not bad (on a par with the Go6600 which the previous M4 had, but this has a far better CPU.)

On another note, Toshiba Direct and customization is only available to US customers. Is there any similar option for UK customers (or a way to have an order redirected to the UK?)

8. poetdante

poetdante Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

not a bad preconfiguration but I hate widescreen tablets

9. Telo

Telo Pen Pal - Newbie

10. wherethehellwasi

wherethehellwasi Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm not sure, either -- but Wikipedia is.

Wikipedia knows everything.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.