Toshiba Support is THE WORST

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by DRTigerlilly, Jun 13, 2016.

1. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

UPDATE: The Toshiba is back in the land of the living, there seemed to be an issue with the OS, and the issues with power seem to be a BIOS issue. No known fix ATM.

So OS is reinstalled. prior to this, I was having issue's getting the device to shut down, it would just restart forcing a hard power down, Subsequently, I had issues getting it to boot/power up. I've set it to be able to be turn on when the power supply is inserted and the reinstall of Windows seems to have nixed that problem. Whew!

Have spoken to Toshiba UK about the failure to honour the international warranty, they claim it is being escalated to the head office, and that they will talk with the local ASP....we shall see...

2. jbaks

jbaks Scribbler - Standard Member

man I remember when i was only around 9 years old, even back then, this would have been like around 1990, i was always mesmerized by Fujitsu and Toshiba laptops. I remember to this day, printing out sheets of different laptops of the time. The big thing then was cd roms and windows 95, I never did get one cause they were like between 2 and 5 thousand dollars but man they were cool. Sad to see the brand now doing this.

3. Shizaru

Shizaru Scribbler - Standard Member

Those were the days, carrying those suckers around would have put hairs on your 9 year old chest. Laptops were built like tanks back then just don't even mention the graphics.

I had a couple of Toshiba T1200's and then I got a T1600 286 with a whooping 20Mb hard drive which was amazing at the time. Prior to that I had a couple of Zenith Super Sports if I remember correctly and they were really well made as well. I moved to PC's from BBC B's and Commodore 64 and 128's.

Here's a blast from the past for you:

I really like the Zenith machines I had. Those viewing angles were something else though.

I hope you're admiring the refresh rate and the not so many shades of blue. :eek:

and another

I don't remember the model number but I had a 386 version of the Satellite which looked similar - no USB on mine if iirc.

Found the the one I had

I was a Toshiba fan boy back in the day, but that was the last Tosh I had, apart from a brief spell with a Portage a couple of years back. The T3000's were way over priced if memory serves, due to the Plasma screens. You didn't really need to use their support back then because the machines were unbelievably reliable.

In the early 2000's I mostly owned Dell's, Fujitsu and HP's. From around 2010 all my portables have been Samsung mostly plus one MSI and one Asus.

I found a little gold mine of old hardware pr0n while looking up my old machines, here's a link http://www.mashpedia.com/t1200xe?pagetype=search&tab=1&pagecode=CDwQAA&xn=61 enjoy.

4. rirawin

rirawin Scribbler - Standard Member

SO what happened to the Z10t?

5. DRTigerlilly

I'm using it broken, the only way to repair would be to go back to the UK despite the international warranty...

They never followed up, it's interesting, that you should ask today b/c I contacted them again just this morning.

6. rirawin

Thanks for replying, so far its been 3 weeks here in the UK repair service and still nothing.

7. DRTigerlilly

I contacted them again and the ASP is supposed to FINALLY be doing the repair, they've had the device for two weeks now. Parts were ordered I believe one part is outstanding.

8. rirawin

I hate Toshiba, cue 2 weeks later and I was horrified to learn that the issue of the keyboard battery was water damage. I replied back and vehemently argued that wasn't the case as its been sitting on my desk, and we don't have drinks near it at all. However, they're asking for a eye watering £150 or £65 return fee unrepaired. Now if I did do water damage then why would I send it to Toshiba as I know already it wouldn't be covered under warranty. Can anyone help, do I have any options?

9. DRTigerlilly

I think the most that you can do is ask to be elevated to a supervisor, but I'm not particularly optimistic.

On my front, the ASP messaged me late yesterday evening, that I could collect the device.

I showed up this morning...the new screen and the power button are NOT flush with the case, off course I noticed this when I got home. So i brought it back....for them to tell me that Toshiba didn't send enough glue, so it doesn't stick properly and they don't know if they can take the digitizer back up even if Toshiba sends more glue, because it might break the digitizer....WTH!!!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  10. DRTigerlilly

So the ASP liaised with Toshiba, who decided to send a (SECOND) replacement screen.S ince i'm now on a first name basis with the ASP, they called me in for QA after the replaced the screen, it was perfect. :D:cool:

No errant touch input, writing like a dream, they asked to keep the device over the weekend, to evaluate the stability of the adhesive.

Returned on Tuesday to collect the device, the adhesive had started to lift, and once again errant touch input could be detected.:(

The ASP, believes the adhesive Toshiba uses is faulty or old/decaying, and are suggesting as an option, that instead they use their own adhesive, but that it will mean that if there are any further issues with the touchscreen, it would not be able to be removed.

We're now awaiting a THIRD screen from Toshiba....

Also noted in recent months, that the fan pretty much runs non stop after the device is powered on. Toshiba support forums seem to indicate this is a software issue with Windows 10 and the management software. The fix is supposed to involve using the latest ECO drivers. The ASP claims to not have noticed the continuously running fan.