Toshiba Satellite R25-S3503 Tablet PC

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by chalua, Jul 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chalua

chalua Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm looking at this tablet pc right now, the Toshiba Satellite R25-S3503 Tablet PC.

It looks great and I think I'm going to buy it, so if anyone has some information on this please tell me. It's really new so I can't find too many reviews yet and I'd like to know someone's personal opinion on this.

I want to buy it right away, so pleeease reply soon.

:D

2. chalua

chalua Pen Pal - Newbie

3. butcom

butcom Pen Pal - Newbie

Well between the R25-S3503 and the Gateway Tablet at BestBuy, the internal specs are both the same:

1.6Ghz Core Duo
    1GB Ram
    100GB Hard Drive
    Dual Layer DVD Burner
    Intel GMA 950 Graphics
    etc.

But the Toshiba has a higher resolution screen (1440x900) versus the Gateway's (1280x768) and the Toshiba one also has a fingerprint reader (I dunno if you will need this or not). Other than that, I would go into the store and see how you like each one before buying either.

Oh one other thing, the Toshiba has an S-Video out so you can plug it into a TV. I use this feature quite a bit and if you think you might, you should know that the Gateway does not have an S-Video out.

4. jeffreycentex

jeffreycentex Pen Pal - Newbie

Biggest Difference between the two - Toshiba uses a WACOM digitizer and the Gateway uses Finepoint...

Finepoint requires frequent recalibrations and a powered pen. WACOM doesn't need recalibration (or never has for me) and a passive pen. + I think some say that the WACOM has better support for pressure sensitivity...

5. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

And... Let's keep in mind that the Wacom technology is far more advanced and favored by users. Wacom offers a far superior writing experience currently.

6. Lbgrowl

Lbgrowl Pen Pal - Newbie

Welcome to the same situation I was in! I went into best buy to try out the Gateway and I didn't like it at all. The pen was less responsive than i hoped and it felt like it was 7 pounds or so. CompUSA is also offering $200 off this week on the Toshiba R25-S3503 and after all around better reviews I knew I'd be much happier with the Toshiba. I put my money on the Toshiba yesterday afternoon and it shipped out within the hour. Another hour and a half later, it was in transit from Pennsylvania. It's sceduled to arrive Saturday.

7. Lbgrowl

Lbgrowl Pen Pal - Newbie

Oh yeah....link

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  8. bacchus_3

bacchus_3 Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm glad to read this post and see users who compared the Gateway convertible with the R25. I had the same thought when I was checking both notebooks. Went for Toshiba from CircuitCity's sale and I have it for almost 3 weeks now.

9. Fido

Fido Scribbler - Standard Member

Make sure you are OK with the size. I made a mockup of it with a newspaper and felt it wal bigger than I wanted it. Your preference might be different, but it's always good to check.

10. afinemetsfan

afinemetsfan Pen Pal - Newbie

If you have a costco membership - costco.com has the R25 for 1200 after the 50$ MIR. Best thing about costco is the 6month return policy. Try out the tablet for a semester - if you don't like it, you can buy somthing else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.