Toshiba Satellite R15

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by Barry J. Doyle, Mar 28, 2005.

1. lanena

lanena Pen Pal - Newbie

Can anyone tell me if there are any available reviews for the R15? Also, I know zero about laptops and tablets but I am really interested in the R15. So, does anyone know if it will support software like autocad? I want to use it for work and everday things (small games like stuff on the games site on msn.com and such).

Thanks
    [:I]

2. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

There are no raviews yet, it just started shipping last week. We have it in our queue though, it will be next after the Fujitsu. For the money it looks like a very good option, on paper anyway.

As for Autocad, depending on what you do it should be fine. The issue is the lack of dedicated graphics. As for the games you mentioned, those will not be a problem at all. You can even get away with some RTS games like Rise of Nations.

Brian

www.BargainPDA.com | www.DigitalCameraReview.com | www.NotebookReview.com | www.SpotStop.com

3. lanena

lanena Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks Brian. I look forward to whatever you guys have to say about it. It's the only thing keeping me away from buying a notebook for now. I'm sure you hear this ALL THE TIME, but I've been trying to research for my first laptop and with this being 2005, the options are endless and confusing! This site and the notebookreview.com site has been the best help a first timer with no experience or understanding in the "lingo"...

Lanena

4. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'm genuinely happy we could help...it's praise like that that keeps us going.

Brian

www.BargainPDA.com | www.DigitalCameraReview.com | www.NotebookReview.com | www.SpotStop.com

5. BlissX

BlissX Pen Pal - Newbie

Whats the major differences in Toshiba's Satellite R10 and R15?

R10 has more customizable options, same screen size. So what makes the R10 obsolete or lacking compared to the R15.

6. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The R10 is a "scaled down" R15. The biggest difference is that the base model R10 comes with a Celeron M processor and only 256MB of RAM. However, this model is also totally customizable and if you want to bump it far above the R15 with a faster Pentium M CPU, more RAM and even a DVD burner, this is the way to go.

On the other hand I would say the base model R10 would be fine for consumers on a budget, the Celeron M will easily handle most anything you throw at it, but with less battery life than the Pentium M. The only catch; 256MB of RAM is unacceptable for any computer these days. It would be imperative to upgrade that to 512MB minimum.

Barry J. Doyle
    Editor in Chief
    TabletPCReviewSpot.com

7. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

<blockquote id='quote'>quote:<hr height='1' noshade id='quote'>Originally posted by lanena

Thanks Brian. I look forward to whatever you guys have to say about it. It's the only thing keeping me away from buying a notebook for now. I'm sure you hear this ALL THE TIME, but I've been trying to research for my first laptop and with this being 2005, the options are endless and confusing! This site and the notebookreview.com site has been the best help a first timer with no experience or understanding in the "lingo"...

Lanena
    <hr height='1' noshade id='quote'></font id='quote'></blockquote id='quote'>

You have boosted the pressure a notch for us to get the Toshiba review up! LOL : ) How can we sleep when we know your holding your purchasing decision until we finish?!

One thought; COMPUSA has changed their return policy to "100% Total Customer Satisfaction". So based on that, you could pick up the R15 through them and if it is not all you expected, you could get you money back (within 21 days). I would verify this with your order, but that is one avenue to go. I am typing this reply to you on the R15 itself, and in a nutshell I can at least tell you that it is a nice machine with some very nice unexpected extras (to be detailed in the review).

Barry J. Doyle
    Editor in Chief
    TabletPCReviewSpot.com

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015