Toshiba R400 or what.

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by kensei, Mar 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. everythingblogcast

everythingblogcast Scribbler - Standard Member

I have been looking into that it would cost £120 ($240) to start it off in a small claims court, then I would have to pay more. So I think my best option is to contine at Toshiba and may get a free upgrade out of it. I like toshiba systems but once you are biten you dont like them. Its like they say if you dont test your products, your customers will and they will move to a different manufactor.

I may on Wednesday go down to the CAB and ask them what I can do. But I may later on today ring toshiba up and ask what is the problem with them not contacting me.

2. hemmatmahdi

hemmatmahdi Pen Pal - Newbie

One of the reasons that I am not worrying about a toshiba is #1 it's the r400..BILL GATES was talking about it -_- so it better be good.

Next..I have a repair center for toshiba...AND I have ONSITE warranty..so they better come to my office and fix it..

If not, I will use the law...and the fun thing is..when you are a student at a university you DO NOT have to pay for lawyers, the university pays it for you whether you lose or not.

:)

3. kensei

kensei Scribbler - Standard Member

I've actually had a chance to look at this tablet first hand.

Internally the specs suck. There is no doubt about that. Basically I got an M7 for the same price and the specs were maxed out, and way better.

BUT, if there is one thing i have to give it, it is the design of the exterior.

Boy is it nice. The white looks very flash and fashionable. I don't care what you homophobes think, this is the Armani of Tablets.

The design of the chassis is very stylish, and instant notification panel is sweet. Toshiba have not added a catch for it in Tablet mode, but the speakers serve as the wiggle preventer. The speakers are also an improved design. Because they do not rotate, they are always uncovered when you are in Tablet or in Notebook mode. This thing is also a paperweight. I've never felt anything so light. And as for Vista? Runs like a dream. I thought it would struggle with the basic everyday operations with Vista but it hasn't.

Everythingblogcast, while i appreciate that you have had your share of problems with your service and product, i would like to ask you to keep in mind that you are a minority (no offense, just trying to state that it's not exactly an epidemic) and only one model of Toshiba. You are no way qualified to say that the new R400 is a lemon, or any other Toshiba that you have not owned. To just tell people to shy away from all Toshiba and to slander their other products is not really on, just because you have had terrible experience doesn't mean all of us have.

It is sufficient enough to explain your past experience in a calm manner and tell prospective buyers to be cautious and handle the product before buying.

4. hemmatmahdi

hemmatmahdi Pen Pal - Newbie

Main reason I am buying : The style....Thank you for telling me how shexy it looks =P

btw..ALL I want to do is take notes...for my 4 years of college and maybe my graduate years too...

I mean 2 gigs of ram? that is ALOT for what I want to do with it...

What about watch movies? how is this laptop with that?

5. kensei

To be honest, no idea in that aspect. It wasn't playing a movie. I'll get around to it next week when i pick up my slice battery for my M7.

I seriously doubt it can play a game like Battlefield 2.

6. kensei

Ok if you want to watch movies it will do well. And the only reason that it can handle Vista is that there is 2 GB of RAM.

It can't operate all the animation effects, but it can most of them. Otherwise it runs fine. Movies are smooth, there is no real difference between that and a notebook with a dedicated graphics card, Tablet or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.