Toshiba Portégé Z20t Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by ile, Nov 15, 2014.

1. rirawin

rirawin Scribbler - Standard Member

So you know the program name please?

2. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

It is just called 東芝アプグレードユティリテイ copy and paste if you need to a search for it. Just be prepare that their interface language will be Japanese.

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.

3. don risotto

don risotto Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah there's a suite of toshiba software with it, of which auto-updates is one of. I didn't get any new trackpad drivers though. You can download it from their website as well.

rirawin- it's called Toshiba Service Station

Does anyone know if the battery pack in the dock is the same as the one in the tablet?

My dock battery isn't working and the place I bought it from is trying to give me the run around. I may have to replace it myself.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  4. fishdavis

fishdavis Scribbler - Standard Member

good news: the new wacom feel-it driver ( http://us.wacom.com/en/feeldriver/ ) has removed almost all the annoying photoshop UI lag i was experiencing intermittently when using the pen to turn layers on/off etc. (ISD_DualTouch_7.3.4-28.exe). Hopefully it stays like this. You'll have to recalibrate pen positioning when you update the feel-it driver.

not-so-good-news:

I dropped my laptop on its corner on concrete while in a hurry, cracking and bending the corner of the base and doing slightly the same to the tablet part.

remarkably, nothing else broke, the screen casing basically popped slightly open (it can be easily clicked back together) and I suspect might have helped save the screen glass from cracking by absorbing that shock. All that's really annoying is that now it doesn't close flat, so I'll probably have to pad the base where the two halves meet to relieve the pressure on the damaged corner.

I am impressed at the build robustness considering that was totally my fault and it was quite a brutal fall. The case is IIRC magnesium-coated plastic, I cannot bend it back into place and it might snap if I tried.

kvoram and WillAdams like this.
  5. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

does anyone know what the replacement part number for the nibs is on wacoms site?

6. kneehowguys

kneehowguys Scribbler - Standard Member

Does the z20tb keyboard base and charger work with the z20t-c? I got a z20tb for cheap on ebay, thinking maybe someday getting a high end z20t-c when prices drop

Starlight5 likes this.
  7. humpda

humpda Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi everyone. Apologies if this has been asked before (happy for anyone to direct me to the correct space if it exists). My stylus for the z20t has gone walkies. Replacement stylus (part pa5133u-1euc) are pretty expensive in Aus ($80+) In my reading I know that the z20t uses an emr based Wacom stylus - are there other branded stylus that are as good as the original toshi but are a little cheaper. For example, something like this: http://tinyurl.com/yatlv8uu of http://tinyurl.com/ydeugatf ???

Thanks heaps

8. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

I In my experience any Wacom EMR stylus works fine on the Z20t. I've got styli made by Samsung, Fujitsu and many different ones branded "Wacom," some of which are far less costly than others, all of which work about the same on my Z20t. I advise setting a budget level to spend, then choose among all EMR pens that fall under your budget choosing among them based on features (eg, programmable buttons), physical dimensions (one thing I do like about the larger pen Toshiba supplied witmy Z20t is that it feels like a nice pen in my hand) and, of course, read the reviews of owners, who may raise quality or durability issues only actual owners would know about. Hope this helps.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

9. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

10. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

The keyboard should be the same across the z20t models.