Toshiba Portégé Z20t Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by ile, Nov 15, 2014.

1. tnatna

tnatna Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone encountered the problem of Powerpoint crashing every time you try to write on a slide in 'normal' view? I only get it on z20t and not on surface. Not sure whether the problem is toshiba or wacom.

2. audax00

audax00 Pen Pal - Newbie

3. zeek

zeek Scribbler - Standard Member

Does anyone know where to import a model that includes the Sierra Wireless WWAN modem? Thx

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

4. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

5. donbartolo

donbartolo Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't think they switched from stylus technology.
    The 'optional' is because there are a lot of versions of this tablet, some without and others (the most expensive ones) with the pen/digitizer.

6. Sirkassad

Sirkassad Pen Pal - Newbie

Looks like this tablet will have micro-HDMI out AND a USB 3.1 Type-C. Having both of these on the same tablet seems hard to find (looking at you Elite X2 and Lenovo X1). Trying to decide between these three. HP and Lenovo's tablet seems to have higher resolution but for a 12" tablet it might not make a difference.

7. donbartolo

donbartolo Pen Pal - Newbie

8. luco

luco Pen Pal - Newbie

Looks great - better battery - not like it was really needed...

... maybe this z20tC will bring the price of the "old" z20t down ?...
    I'm still using my Toshiba Tecra M4 14' (please don't laugh...!) mostly to draw - 2D animation - and am looking to upgrade to the Z20T, but am waiting for a good deal somewhere...
    (I also have access to a SP3 but not crazy about it... prefer Wacom digitizer...)
    Would be happy with the tablet alone - no keyboard - but Toshiba never sold them alone, right ?
    So if anyone needs a newer z20t I might be interested in buying the old one ...!

9. jkpark17

jkpark17 Pen Pal - Newbie

I recently got z20t and it has a such a big problem with pen

Even it is using wacom emr technology the hover distance is very short compared to other similar tablets

For example my sister's thinkpad yoga 12 has a hover distance of 1.5-2cm while my z20t has 0.7-1cm hover distance

Used a ruler to measure this. Can anyone confirm if this is a normal case for z20t?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. TheSkylar404

TheSkylar404 Pen Pal - Newbie

I just picked up a Z20t yesterday from amazon and I am rather happy with the performance of it when plugged in as it thermal throttles it at 95c.
    What is rather frustrating is when I pull it off of ac and try to do high performance activities and notice that it starts to limit it not by temp but by apparently
    a power limit. Is there any options or setting that can be changed that would disable this lower power limit so I can get next to full performance on battery?
    I have downloaded throttle stop but I am unsure of how to configure this (assuming this could even do anything regarding this).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am running windows 10.