Toshiba Portégé Z20t Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by ile, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Check device manager. I'd say you're probably good.

How you liking the machine?

2. ile

ile Scribbler - Standard Member

Touchpad driver should include various gestures and other config stuff.

Wacom Driver installed?

3. audax00

audax00 Pen Pal - Newbie

4. koz2050

koz2050 Scribbler - Standard Member

There are no unknown devices in device manager.

So far so good.I'm getting used to the "rip and flip" versus just folding over the TP Yoga, the battery life has really been great, to the point where I almost think of it like an iPad instead of a laptop. It's just a tad sluggish at times where it doesn't respond to a tap and I have to wait a second to try again. I'm fairly used to the volume rocker and power button now to where they don't bother me. So, overall pretty happy with it. I'm going to switch back to the TP Yoga tomorrow or Friday and see how they compare. Probably be Friday as tomorrow I doubt I'll put down the iPad Pro long enough play with anything else :)

5. koz2050

koz2050 Scribbler - Standard Member

Both of those (Touchpad and Wacom) were installed as part of the Windows 10 install, so didn't need to do anything else.

It may be the "Toshiba System Driver", but something authenticates the fact that it's a Toshiba system and allows you to install the Toshiba branded Apps. I don't think I need any of those, so I'm going to let it be for now.

6. donbartolo

donbartolo Pen Pal - Newbie

13.3" for the Thoshiba Portege z20t. wohoo ! :p

7. audax00

audax00 Pen Pal - Newbie

I think you misread, I think it will still be 12.5"... Just with added skylake and USB-C.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. TruenoGT

TruenoGT Pen Pal - Newbie

I thought the exact same thing and got super excited, but I believe the size is for the following unit on the list (Z30-C), where the Z20t-C is preceded by 12.1"... oh well.

Either way, I'm very excited about the USB type-c because there's should be some good options for more convenient desktop docking with lots of ports (theoretically we should be able to use type-c docks from other companies, e.g. Dell, rather than be limited to vendor specific proprietary options).

Hopefully, we hear more about release soon as an EMR tablet with Skylake is going to be rare breed (I think it's gotta still be EMR because in photos I've seen they show the tiny toothpick stylus and a larger option with no obvious battery access).

9. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Sigh. 12.5" widescreen is about as big as I'd go. Maybe we'll be able to find some Z20t-B's on the cheap.

I really like this machine. If they went the way of 3:2 at 13.3" and kept Wacom EMR and the same thickness/weight, I' possibly be down for that.

10. donbartolo

donbartolo Pen Pal - Newbie