Toshiba Portégé Z20t Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by ile, Nov 15, 2014.

1. ivan99

ivan99 Scribbler - Standard Member

Another HP yet to enter the line up: newly announced HP specter x360 clone of Lenovo yoga pro 3!! Equipped with 5th gen i5 and i7 U CPUs coming in April QHD display and 512 Gb!!

2. ile

ile Scribbler - Standard Member

It does not have a digitizer, so no competition for the Z20t. Completely different kind of device

3. kruzilla

kruzilla Scribbler - Standard Member

I read that the high end model comes with "Active Pen" but frankly, I don't know anything about that tech. What I've seen isn't good. Such a shame.

4. ivan99

ivan99 Scribbler - Standard Member

Please explain what is it that you saw that "isn't good"? One thing in their favor is that they can deliver product whereas Toshiba drags their feet endlessly! This HP entry at MWC in Barcelona taking place this coming week was praised by several reputable critics including the verge, gizmodo and Engadget! It has a much faster CPU then the z20t up to i7 U vs 5y71 for the z20t , 512 Gb coming in April, QHD vs FHD beautiful metal chassis what is there not to like??

5. kruzilla

kruzilla Scribbler - Standard Member

6. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the "HP Active Pen" now refers to Synaptics not Atmel. As for art-relevant experience with the digitizer, SchecterRocker did some testing and reported good results.

7. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I think I might consider the Atmel, as HP Elitepad 1000 owners seem to think the technology is well developed. Synaptics to too far behind the curve IMO. I hope you're wrong.

8. scoobie

scoobie Pen Pal - Newbie

9. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

It seems the same as the low end model. It is suspicious though, because converting to dollars that is nearly $200 dollars cheaper than the US price. Doesn't the raw $ to pounds conversion usually lead to the UK pricing being much more expensive than US?

10. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Yes one does, and one did. I was comparing the low end model to the low end model (4gb, 128, 5y51). In the link I was responding to, the UK price was 799 pounds which google told me is 1227 US$ (compared to the US price of $1399).