Toshiba Portégé Z20t Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by ile, Nov 15, 2014.

1. ivan99

ivan99 Scribbler - Standard Member

Can you believe it rumors have it SP4 will have up to 1TB on board!! wow!

2. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

I can believe that rumors say that, yes =)

3. HuckleBoo

HuckleBoo Pen Pal - Newbie

There will be a Travel Keyboard available for the HP x2 1011 (like the one for the Surface Pro 3), as well as a "full size" Ultrabook Keyboard with the Power Dock. Last one contains an additional battery for longer runtime. And their Power Dock keyboards are by far really, really good. This is not a device for home users.

4. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Yea, I was talking about the power dock. The toshiba (again just from appearances) looks more like a full fledged ultrabook when docked. There are many more ports and it just looks like it will work better in the lap, more spacious touchpad, etc. Really though, a keyboard is something you have to feel (particularly keyboard docks). Spec sheets and pictures never tell the whole story.

5. ivan99

Oz PLE Computer is posting availability on the 8Gb RAM, 256Gb SSD, delivery 2-5 days !! Whereas deliveries in the USA have now moved into early April? April 14 to be exact!
    Who was it that quoted here a Toshiba sales person saying that quoted deliveries for late March will not change??

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  6. ElectronicFur

ElectronicFur Pen Pal - Newbie

7. ivan99

The Dab price for the 8Gb,256Gb,5Y71 is totally out of line! If 1822BP is equal to $2810 totally bogus!! No way they can sell a same product in 2 different countries with that much price differential since the US price on that same item is about $1700...It should be in the range of 1100BP or so. The pissing point though is why is it available in oz and UK and not here in the US?? Look at the Lamda Tek price it is 1102BP as I calculated above...

8. ElectronicFur

ElectronicFur Pen Pal - Newbie

Even the Lambda Tek price is too high, £1315.96 for the M-5Y51 with 4GB. I can't see them selling any of the 11 they have in stock at that price.

9. Dragannia

Dragannia Pen Pal - Newbie

I've been following the B-10C model for a while (mostly because it has WWAN) and that price hasn't changed. I'm curious as to how these websites work. As far as I can tell the model isn't actually for sale yet since no one has stock, so I don't know how accurate that site and those prices are. Do they usually drop once the model is released? I know in other countries that's a thing that happens but I'm not too sure. Because there's no way in hell I'm paying like 3000AUD just for WWAN.

10. ivan99

maybe by the time Toshiba delivers the z20t, SP4 w 1TB storage will be out in the stores and by gollee i'll get one especially that it is also QHD, proviso it has a 5Y71 or faster CPU and a lower price than the z20t.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015