Toshiba Portégé Z20t Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by ile, Nov 15, 2014.

1. ivan99

ivan99 Scribbler - Standard Member

But the HP can be configured to 512 Gb vs only max 256 for the z20t. I actually prefer the Matte screen and the Toshiba bezel. 11.6 vs 12.5 who can really tell?

scoobie likes this.
  2. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Plus the keyboard dock on the hp looks a little more bare bones to me. The actual user experience will be the real test, but, from the pictures, the Toshiba keyboard dock looks much better.

I'm pretty sure I can tell the difference in size. Really, I'm very hesitant to even go as small as 12.5. I really don't want to go smaller than my current 13.3" screen, which is a highly noticeable 31% larger than a 11.6" screen. The smaller screen is particularly unappealing considering it doesn't really even buy you a smaller device. The bezel is so much larger that the HP slate is almost as big as z20t, and the HP is both heavier and thicker.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
    fatherom and ile like this.
  3. krutou

krutou Pen Pal - Newbie

The Z20t probably caps out at 256GB because aren't any 512GB SSDs 2242 SSDs.

If the Z20t is indeed M.2, it might be upgradable down the line.

4. ivan99

Yes, according to Toshiba specs z20t is M2 SSD, but I read somewhere that it is not upgradable? not sure though.

5. ivan99

Can you believe it rumors have it SP4 will have up to 1TB on board!! wow!

6. Mesosphere

I can believe that rumors say that, yes =)

7. HuckleBoo

HuckleBoo Pen Pal - Newbie

There will be a Travel Keyboard available for the HP x2 1011 (like the one for the Surface Pro 3), as well as a "full size" Ultrabook Keyboard with the Power Dock. Last one contains an additional battery for longer runtime. And their Power Dock keyboards are by far really, really good. This is not a device for home users.

8. Mesosphere

Yea, I was talking about the power dock. The toshiba (again just from appearances) looks more like a full fledged ultrabook when docked. There are many more ports and it just looks like it will work better in the lap, more spacious touchpad, etc. Really though, a keyboard is something you have to feel (particularly keyboard docks). Spec sheets and pictures never tell the whole story.

9. ivan99

Oz PLE Computer is posting availability on the 8Gb RAM, 256Gb SSD, delivery 2-5 days !! Whereas deliveries in the USA have now moved into early April? April 14 to be exact!
    Who was it that quoted here a Toshiba sales person saying that quoted deliveries for late March will not change??

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  10. ElectronicFur

ElectronicFur Pen Pal - Newbie