Toshiba Portégé M200: a first look

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by Brian, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The 2kg Portégé M200 is one of the best-looking and most feature-rich tablets on the market. It includes a 1.6GHz Pentium M processor, 32MB Nvidia GeForce FX Go5200 graphics, integrated Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, dual-band-ready 802.11a/b antennae, a 60GB hard drive, a 12.1in. screen, and a Secure Digital media slot.

http://reviews.zdnet.co.uk/hardware/notebooks/0,39023985,39146669,00.htm

Brian Beeler
    Editor in Chief
    www.bargainPDA.com www.SPOTstop.com

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2014
  2. icepick

icepick Pen Pal - Newbie

Brian,
    I like very much all of the objective information you are providing on the forums.
    I am in the process of deciding on a notebook computer and am leaning towards the Toshiba M200 or M205 as I require the graphics capabilities of the nVidia Geforce card built-in. I travel a lot and need to work with graphics on the fly as well as work with Solidworks, a 3d mechanical design program. I have also looked at the acer C302 which I like because of the bundled software and slightly lower price.
    I am still not decided and was wondering if you have any advice for me in my situation.
    many thanks,
    Chris L.

3. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

icepick, if you've decided the convertible tablet is the way you want to go, then you're looking in the right place with the M200. By the way, Toshiba did announce the M205 today which adds 802.11g. The Toshiba is the clear leader in this space though, you can't go wrong with them.

If you want to save a little cash though, take a hard look at the ViewSonic V1250. They offer a similar unit that has a number of bells and whistles like a touchpad that works while in tablet mode. The other lower cost choice is the Gateway model. Be sure to check out Barry's first thoughts in the news section today.

Brian Beeler
    Editor in Chief
    www.bargainPDA.com www.SPOTstop.com