toshiba M400 vs x41t

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by manikmaniacme, Jun 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. megaman1x

megaman1x Pen Pal - Newbie

No he isn't. He's being as BAAAAADDD as he wants to be. After all, you were the one who doesn't care what the language was like or what grammatical context it was placed in. :)

2. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Well... if this excercise has proven one thing...
    This topic is clearly not moderated in language skills, attitudes and staff.

Lets just call it a day wouldn't you agree :)

3. jadam

jadam Pen Pal - Newbie

You know who his writing style reminds me of... Ali G.

4. QuachMD

QuachMD Pen Pal - Newbie

Hmmm... if you don't like it, don't reply?

5. drzeller

drzeller Pen Pal - Newbie

First, I have to say that when I read the orignal post, I thought: "This person needs to understand the difference between sending text messages and writing in a more public/formal manner." The fact that there are many teens in various technology forums on the internet that do not write in "slang," implies that the difference is not lost on all eleventh graders.

Now, to respond to the original question: As mentioned earlier, either of these machines will work well for you. One thing to consider with the graphics is that there are some tablets (Toshiba's M4, for example) that have dedicated graphics cards (versus graphics chips integrated with the motherboard). These will typically run any games and 3-D graphics packages more efficiently than the integrated solutions. This will also have an effect when Vista comes out. People have used Vista on the M400, though I do not know about the IBM. On the M400, it runs the higher-end graphics features, but not quickly. Of course, better drivers may work to address that, and you may not care about that aspect of the new OS anyway.

Best wishes in your search.

D.

6. madmook

madmook Pen Pal - Newbie

X41 is smaller, lighter, has a longer battery life but has no optical drive and is slower.

M400 is bigger, heavier, shorter battery life but has built-in optical drive and is faster.

The biggest thing (feature-wise) is probably whether or not an optical drive is important for your uses, IMHO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.