Toshiba Encore 8 - No Bootable Device

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by Ceois, Jan 3, 2014.

1. huma_dawii

huma_dawii Pen Pal - Newbie

I had solve the problem... im going to upload my recovery image tomorrow afternoon and post the link here maybo will work fir you, toshiba encore 32gb eeuu.

i will make a tutorial for let you know how to do it. Believe is not that hard.... uefi is kinda complicated but not enough for us ;)

2. dator

dator Pen Pal - Newbie

Any update on this? I am stuck exactly where you were! Could you provide that recovery image?

3. AMER

AMER Pen Pal - Newbie

i have also same problem can u send me the recovery image plz :(

4. AlinZburatorul97

AlinZburatorul97 Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the same problem! "No bootable device. hit any key" message is still appearing. i deleted partitions and now i can't solved this! PLEASE HELP ME!

5. shumilica

shumilica Pen Pal - Newbie

I had the same problem trying to enable wimboot ran into problmes and needed the usb stick. Luckily I made it before but also used it to modify the .wim images and it wasn't bootable anymore.

So what you should do:
    1. create a usb recovery drive from a current windows 8.1 that works by searching 'recoverydrive' in your start menu and hitting enter.
    2. For toshiba encore wt8-a-102 32gb version, after the usb is created you should copy and paste the contents of these archives:
    https://mega.co.nz/#F!utYSUS5B!aOf8S33n2IGI58JMsCgHVg
    The archive includes the original files from the USB Recovery Drive created by the Toshiba Encore wt8. Use google chrome to download if you don't want to install a browser extension for firefox. IE is not supported.
    3. Now you have a bootable drive by toshiba encore wt8 and all you have to to is go and choose reset pc. It will take a while but your tablet will be as brand new.

6. travolta

travolta Pen Pal - Newbie

Please can you download the failed files to let me download them for my WT8-A

Thanks

7. shumilica

I don't understand your request... What do you need?

8. Yang

Yang Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi shumilica, I tryed to download the files you uploaded but it seams it is missing a part6. Is it possible for you to upload the missing file(s).

Thanks.

9. shumilica

OMG, you are right! Sorry... I think now it's ok... I don't know why it didn't take the 6th part... Just try the link from the thread again. Tell me if it worked. Regards.

10. fedrat

fedrat Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for uploading this.
    Can I create the recovery with any version of Windows 8.1? Or do you have to use the Encore?

Thanks in advance