Toshiba DynaPad TruPen issues

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by Kanthara, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

I've had my DynaPad (the Japanese name for the Email Write 2) in a drawer for a couple of months. Took it out to turn it on and charge the battery and let it upgrade. Turns out it didn't recognize the pen. At all. Has anyone else had similar problems?

Just to make sure I tried changing batteries, same result.

2. Kanthara

Kanthara Pen Pal - Newbie

Has the pen ever worked with your dynaPad or is this your first time using it?

3. Kanthara

Kanthara Pen Pal - Newbie

Since I'm working with a different brand of stylus, I can't replicate your issue, but given that many of us have had issues with the Toshiba stylus packaged with the dynaPad, I wouldn't be surprised your pen is a lemon too. In that case, I'd reccommend looking for a replacement one of a different brand - see higher in the thread for compatible options.

4. Kumabjorn

Oh yes, it has worked flawlessly. This is the first time I have trouble with it.

5. Kumabjorn

Soo, this was something of a surprise. I had some extra batteries and the TruPen I was using was around two years old. So I figured that it might just need a new battery. Hence, I exchanged it and tried it again. Same result, zero recognition. I want through updating the Wacom driver just to make sure, sam thing; no recognition.
    Well, I had one pen in reserve. Still in its carton. Opened it up, inserted the battery and voilá it worked. Nice little hover cursor and everything. So, ok this battery is clearly working. Back with it in the other TruPen but same result as earlier. No recognition. Clearly something is wrong with the pen.
    Since I got my iPad Pro the Toshiba has mostly been dormant. But once in a moon I take it out because i want to work with a pen in the desktop version of OneNote. And it has worked flawlessly on the Toshiba. I had it out about two months ago (maybe three at the most) and it worked fine. Since then it has been in a desk drawer. What can go wrong when lying dormant?
    My problem is solved in that I can now use it with the new TruPen, but if the other one (they are the same age) can just stop functioning the same could happen to the one I'm using now.