Toshiba DynaPad TruPen issues

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by Kanthara, Oct 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kanthara

Kanthara Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes. This is a fresh out of the box tablet. No one else I've seen or asked in forums and anywhere online has had this issue, so I'm sure the pen is a lemon.

WillAdams likes this.
  2. platypuspress

platypuspress Pen Pal - Newbie

I just bought a Dynapad and have the EXACT same issue, did you order it from melafone on eBay? I'm in Canada so having a nightmare as well trying to fix this or even get a replacement pen.

3. Snowy

Snowy Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm having the same problem. Have you managed to get it to work? I'm wondering if I should try getting a replacement pen or just return the device.

4. Kanthara

Yes, that's exactly where I ordered it from, only on Amazon.com and shipping it to my uncle who works in the US and returns to Canada on the weekends. I've been out of the country for a week, just got back home last night.

Melofone wants me to return the entire tablet and issue me a refund, they won't even send a replacement. I'm first going to go to my local Best Buy and see if I can test out an Active Pen of another brand on it, since the above-linked chart says every pen tested works on the dynaPad. If it works, I might decide to buy the pen and keep the tablet. If it doesn't, I'll have to get it to my uncle so he can ship it back.

Hearing that you guys are having trouble too, I'm wondering if Toshiba shouldn't be roped into this - a supplier of theirs is shipping faulty machines.

5. platypuspress

I tried talking to their customer support, they could not give a crap. Because I'm Canadian, they don't really care to try and help me. Got more help from Wacom when I thought it might have been a driver issue.

6. Kanthara

I just ordered the Huawei Active Pen, mostly because it charges with usb instead of needing replacement batteries. I should get it on Tuesday. If that doesn't work, I will be returning the tablet and getting a refund, and will request a refund for shipping charges as well. I'll let you guys know how that goes.

7. platypuspress

Funny, I did the same thing except I got the Wacom 2 in 1 pen that's supposed to be compatible with the tablet. I'm taking the same route, if the problem is somehow with the tablet and not the pen, then I'm going to try and send the whole thing back. I'm just hoping it comes in before the 30 return period is up. I'll also post with updates as well.

8. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

One thing --- if you haven't tried replacing the pen tip, try that first --- I had some really weird behavior on my machine which was resolved by replacing the pen tip.

9. platypuspress

On the off chance, I did try swapping it with the replacement nib is comes with, and didn't have any change sadly.

10. Kanthara

I just tried it, and it's a no go as well. Thanks for the suggestion!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.