Toshiba Customer Service

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by everythingblogcast, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. everythingblogcast

everythingblogcast Scribbler - Standard Member

Hello

Heres the deal. I have a Portege M400 and it has dust under the screen. Toshiba Tech support stated that it could not be covered undfer warrenty. Hold on, so its my fault that Toshiba does not know how to keep dust out of the screen, so they said that if its a hardware failure then it will be covered under warrenty, however if it is wear and tear then it is not. What I use my desktop more, my M400 sits in its case most of the day. So I told them if they dont fix it under warrenty that Trading Standards will be told for Toshiba producting a faulty system.

Another problem is that the memory bridge does not work with sony Memory Stricks anymore. I used to be able to use the mini ones, it works so of course when if failed I got the lead of a full Strick to test it and guest want not working.

The first problem I had was that Norton Ghost does not work because of the stupid RAID software that they have on the system and the End User can not remove it.

Then during the summer my DVD RAM drive would not work. I rang them up and explained that I know what I am doing as am a HND Computing student and I can fix the need DVD RAM drive myself. Of course no they wanted to do it so I had to wait until I got home and rang them up again for them to come to collect it over 10 days and I could it back when it would have been quicker to send me a new drive out, I send the faulty one back. No thats too hard for Toshiba to understand.

And now I have this problem, I would recommed to someone that is looking for a Tablet PC NOT to buy a Toshiba.

As they have no idea how to build a good PC, and their customer services are the worst I have even seen.

Dell asks you if you would like the part send out to you or them to collect the pc and fix it. Toshiba just are money craping people.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  2. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Unfortunately Kurt what you are saying here is more common within Toshiba users than we would hope to see.

It's certainly a long call from the days when Toshiba used to proudly boast on their TV adds "Hello mate, got a Toshiba".

Standards have slipped, both in the manufacturing process and support levels.

With comments to you that the screen problem is not covered by a warranty either, when clearly it is of their doing, I too would be pressing very, very hard on Trading Standards to look into the screen dust affair and get Toshiba to finally wake up, smell the coffee and walk on the morning grass.

I wish you well Kurt with your pursuit in the screen dust affair.
    Please do keep us informed if you get anywhere or come up with further issues. :)

3. everythingblogcast

Got a phone call from the repair center and they say that if the pc is not liquid or phycial damage then it will be covered under warrenty, at least the memory bridge is faulty so I would not have to pay the £35 not going to pay for the repair. lol

I will informed you every stage of this Toshiba problem. Hopefully I will get a free upgrade from them or a copy of Vista (not like you want one because of all the problems of hardware will fail if the manufactor does not keep the payments). After I get the tablet back I will ***** to Toshiba and try to get something.

4. poetdante

poetdante Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I like Toshiba. They have been pretty helpful with me and my problems. They were nice enough to tell me that I had dust under my screen and not a dead pixel. Everytime I speak with them they are polite. I can't praise some of thier policies too highly, but I am a satisfied customer.

5. P8RSON

Interesting that they told you your tablet had dust under the screen poetdante.
    What exactly did they do about it and did you inherit any charges?

6. everythingblogcast

Just a small update could a phone call from consumerline and they state that if Toshiba wil not fix the tablet and charge me, I can claim the money back and send the tablet back to the store that I got it from for a full refund, if they do not do anything then VISA will be invode and section 75 to get my money back. Wohoo.

7. P8RSON

What you say here is covered under 'The Distant Selling Rule', notably ~ Goods must be fit for their purpose and of satisfactory quality.

I'd be interested to hear Toshiba's comments towards this answer Kurt. :)

8. WEBSRFRINMD

WEBSRFRINMD M200, M7

I can tell you from personal experience that Toshiba support is miserable and downright cobtative. The only reason I bought a M7 is because Toshiba still makes most powerful Tablet PC out there with the largest screen. The moment that changes, good riddance! What an awful, miserable, insulting company to deal with. Their support people resemble mafia thugs than people who actualy try to help you. Bunch of jerks. If you thikn support people are bad, try talking to someone in customer service if you have a problem. Miserable people to deal with. This coming from someone who bought an M200 two and half years ago and an M7 last month. I hope by the time I'm done with my M7 two years from now I can say goodbye to this miserable company for good.

9. poetdante

poetdante Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Oh they were very helpful. My tablet was still under warenty and they referred me to a small tech store that was authorized by toshiba to blow dust from under screens. See what they do is they take the top layer off (it is between this protector and the screen itself that the dust is trapped) and blow a LOT of air on it. Now, once the protector comes off every particle of dust in the room will fly towards the screen, on or off. They keep the air blowing until everything is clean. Now, I did not have time to wait a week (the store was backed up with orders) to get my tablet back because of a single speck of dust (though it is around the center of my screen). It's been 2+ years now. I don't notice it. I did not get an estimate, toshiba offered to pay I think. but how expensive could blowing air at high pressures be?

Now, at first I thought it was a dead pixel. Toshiba's policy on dead pixels and warrenty: minimum of 12 dead pixels to get the screen replaced. Everyone else is like 7. The screen would cost $600 to replace on my r15 2+ years ago. But some nice guy in India said it was a dead pixel.

Other Customer Service Praise: getting a battery replaced (in december when I got the letter), they got me my replacement in a week and took two weeks to completly refund my battery that I had bought a day before my recall battery letter came in. Very helpful people.

10. P8RSON

Thanks poetdante. It makes a nice change to hear of praise coming from the Tosh Support Camp.
    Your right about the dead pixel policy and I wish Toshiba would take a look at other manufacturers.... Fujitsu Siemens is only 3 but ask and they will replace.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.