1. You may have noticed that TabletPCReview looks a little different. That's because we've moved to a new, streamlined platform, XenForo. Have yourself a look around and engage with your peers. Tips for completing basic tasks are here. Should you encounter any bugs or issues, please post them in this thread, so that we can prioritize and fix them. And feel free to let us know your opinions of the new site.

Top Tablets for the Holiday Shopping Season Discussion

Discussion in 'News Headlines' started by Jamison Cush, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Jamison Cush

Jamison Cush TechnologyGuide Editor Staff Member

Yes, we told you to reconsider buying a tablet this holiday season, but only because the next generation of devices are slated to ship in mere months &ndash; or weeks, in the case of the ASUS Transformer Prime. But that doesn&rsquo;t mean the current crop are obsolete, or not worth considering. In fact, unlike last year when consumer options were limited to the original iPad and Samsung Galaxy Tab (and not much else), there are now excellent tablet options in all sizes, prices, and operating environments. As such, TabletPCReview presents the top tablets by type.<br />[​IMG]&nbsp;

Read the full content of this Article: Top Tablets for the Holiday Shopping Season

Related Articles:

Buying a Tablet for the Holidays? You Might Want to Wait

Early Black Friday Leaks Reveal Great Tablet Deals

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2014 at 3:49 PM
  2. Ed Hardy

Ed Hardy Editor, TabletPCReview Staff Member

I agree that the Samsung Galaxy Tab is the best Android tablet available, but I prefer the 10.1-inch version. The larger display makes for a better experience browsing the Web, watching video... almost anything. True, it's a bit less portable than its smaller brethren, but once a tablet is too large to fit into your pocket, the bigger the display the better, as far as I'm concerened.
    -
  3. Jamison Cush

Jamison Cush TechnologyGuide Editor Staff Member

The 8.9 may not be pocket-friendly, but it is a bit less unwieldy than the Tab 10.1, particularly when it comes to one-handed operation. That said, I'm eager to try out the Tab 7.7, which may be juuuussssttt right for me. I love the portability of a 7-inch tablet, but feel they are a bit claustrophobic, especially running Honeycomb with its large and active widgets.