Top 10 Tablet PCs of March 2008

Discussion in 'News Headlines' started by murphyslaww, Apr 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nikecar

nikecar Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Tiffany, i've said it before, you can search my posts if you like. This isn't about "Gateway." If GW isn't in the top 10, fine I have no issue with that. What issues I have is that generally there has been staleness in the top 10 with no units moving spots. There have been higher ranked spots for tablets that haven't been on the market for some time, over brand new or newer units.

that is odd. Like i've also said, this setup you have now lends itself to the same exact thing. People see the top list and of course click it, which leads to an inflated sense of popularity.

that is my point. I will reiterate this... remove all semblances of a top list from the front page for a month. Then come back and see afterwards, which tablets are popular from people actually searching, and not possibly biased from the get go. If the HP is #1, great!!! if not, then my theory has legs.

I dare you.. i dare you to remove all traces fromt he front page of the top tablets on the left corner. then after a month, you can post which are the top 10 for the past month. Don't list which are popular like you have now in that front page corner, just report them in a standard article like this.

i wager that we will see much more movement in the list than we've seen in a year.

No, the Eee isn't the best, but if after stripping the chart on the front page, and it popped up as #1 a month later, then i think no one would complain. i know I wouldn't because it means that folks actually searched it out. that's what I want, and from other who've agreed. there is a vast amount of resources on this site for someone to find a tablet. giving them a prompt in the form of that chart on the front page only skews the results.

Again, I dare you...I dare you to try it for a month. What have you got to lose?

And to Tiffany about unreleased tablets. The Dell as an example was unreleased for months and it was in the top 10 for from the June prior.. it started at #9 and afterwards held no less than 4th place, a 3rd, and 2nd spots prior to it being released.

2. Andrew

Andrew Just a Guy Staff Member

You know, we don't count the clicks on the list because obviously there'd be an "incumbency effect" there (whoever is in power or #1 usually wins because people know that entity). But I think that's been made plain before.

But hey, opinions are good. We can disagree and still be friends.

3. mobilebuddha

mobilebuddha Pen Pal - Newbie

interesting. from a statistical perspective, doesn't that actually hurt the "incumbents"?

if someone visits a site and wants to search for the tx2000z (for example), and sees the link, there's no need for them to do the actual searches, right?

not trying to argue, just a thought.

On a side note, I have to say that after playing with the tx2000z in circuit city, I'm saving up for the laptop. The screen was better than I had hoped and the responsiveness of the touch is great (probably biased because I first played with a display model tx1000z and I had to really poke the screen for the clicks/move to register).

4. murphyslaww

murphyslaww Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm also pretty sure that the Dell Tablet is nowhere on any sales lists, or user satisfaction lists as a top 10 tablet.

about half of the user opinions attached to the review are dissatisfied customers.

Makes a somewhat useful site a little less useful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.