Toolbar Creator - v. 2.2 beta available for download!

Discussion in 'Software' started by lblb, Jun 27, 2014.

1. lblb

lblb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hi reloaded,

All the changes that I've made so far since uploading v 2.0 will not affect your custom toolbars so when the next update comes up you won't have to recreate your toolbars, you'll just have to replace the exe file. So you can probably go ahead and start playing with this and create your own toolbars.
    Whenever the mouse button stuff ends up working (and hopefully it will end up working!), I think that it will be something that we will have to manually add to your file as a custom macro (as I described in post #52) so again that will have no influence on your toolbar settings.

2. reloaded

reloaded Pen Pal - Newbie

Sounds good. Thanks!

3. lblb

UPDATE!

Here is Toolbar Creator 2.1:
    Toolbar_Creator 2_1

This release (hopefully) fixes a few bugs found in the previous version, most of them related to Windows magnification greater than 100%. My EP121 only goes to a magnification of 125% so some of the magnification-related bugs are not that easy to spot.

Changelog:
    - Fixed: The caption on each button should now appear correctly (it was sometimes chopped off at the bottom when the Windows magnification was >100%). (thanks to surfaceproartist for reporting)
    - Fixed: There was a weird bug where the 1x1 button would flicker when dragged over the last row and column during the design of a toolbar.
    - Fixed: The size of the button that is dragged during the design of a toolbar wasn't correct when the Windows magnification was >100%. Same for the size of the icon being dragged when attaching a program to the toolbar on tab 1 of the Options.
    - Fixed: The customization buttons on the "Customize" tab of the Options were not sized and spaced correctly when the Windows magnification was >100%.
    - Fixed: The default color code for the caption font on the Type 2 toolbars was problematic.
    - Fixed: The tray icon now appears faster so that the default AutoHotkey green tray icon does not show up anymore.
    - Fixed: The Options window would sometimes lose its Always On Top property after designing a new toolbar.
    - Added: To make it easier to adjust the button height and width and the transparency by small increments, up/down controls have been added next to the sliders. (thanks to surfaceproartist for the suggestion)​

If you are updating from version 2.0 and want to keep all your settings, download v. 2.1 then:
    - Take file Files\General_Settings.ini from your 2.0 folder and replace the one of the same name in 2.1
    - Transfer all your 2.0 toolbars from the Files\Toolbars folder into the same folder for 2.1
    - If you had created your own icons for 2.0, then replace the Files\Images folder in 2.1 with the one from v 2.0 that contains all your new icons​

As usual, comments/bugs/suggestions are welcome!

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  4. reloaded

reloaded Pen Pal - Newbie

Wow nice! I haven't had a chance to dig in yet so I get to enjoy the fixes from others feedback and your quick work!

5. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hey @lblb, how do you turn off button captions? I tried clearing the text but it won't allow me to save.

6. lblb

Click "Modify", erase the text in the window that pops up, then save.

7. surfaceproartist

Progressing slowly but surely on this Mudbox toolbar on the Surface Pro 3.

Screenshot-(60).jpg

Unfortunately, Mudbox doesn't respond reliably to either pen or touch on the SP3, so it's really difficult to tell whether individual toolbar buttons are setup correctly. Anyone know a way to view the keypresses in real time? A keylogger that would throw the keystrokes to the console? It would have to be able to show modifier keystrokes too.

8. thewish

thewish Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm sure there is a better way, but you could always associate the toolbar to something like notepad to see if the simple commands are working

9. lblb

Hi surfaceproartist,

I like the "surely" in your sentence... Hopefully, once we've figured out all the bugs (although it's all acting as expected on my side for now), you can use it the way you intend to. Just getting the toolbar design stuff to work correctly is a big step in that direction I think. I'm not sure that this is the case but it looks like maybe your Shift and Ctrl buttons are using the captions in Toolbar Creator. If that's the case (maybe not!), do the captions behave correctly now in v. 2.1?

I don't have Mudbox installed but apart from your comments here and on your blog about it not responding well on the SP3, I haven't heard much about it not behaving correctly with AHK (although I may be wrong). Since you are having issues, make sure to first associate this toolbar with Mudbox on the second tab of the Options.
    One of the things you could do to verify your hotkeys is, as thewish suggests, to associate your toolbar to another program like Notepad or maybe even Photoshop.

To get the key history, see if this works for you:

- Create a new AHK script with the following code:
    Code:
    #SingleInstance Force
    KeyHistory
    Return

+Esc::ExitApp
    F12::Reload
    - Run that script while the toolbar is running.
    - Whenever you hit a button on your toolbar, then you can press F5 and the window for this script will be updated with the keys that were sent. For each action, you will usually see both the down and up events.

Does that work like you need?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  10. surfaceproartist

Thanks, I'll try this and let you know. Mudbox 2015 doesn't behave well with the Surface Pro 3. The software has had display issues with the earlier Surface Pros until a recent Intel video driver update, but AHK and ArtDocks we've published for it work very well.

I'm not using the captioning, but it's working correctly now with the UI scaled to 150%.

Two questions/suggestions: First, it would be great to have independently named Activated icons. With our ArtDocks, we defaulted to one standard activated icon and only added a different icon for toggle buttons. Secondly, once a toolbar is designed, is it possible to go back and change the design? Say I declared a 1x1 button but now I want it to be 2x2 instead. I haven't found a way to do it.